rascal66

Crowing
Sep 10, 2015
Washington
So gorgeous! Definitely Easter eggers.. I love them for all the wonderful colors they come in! I have a bunch of them, and they can come In greyish blues, blacks, chipmunk and all sorts of interesting colors and patterns.

CatSeg57

Chirping
Nov 13, 2017
Western Iowa
Do I order "Easter Eggers" from my local provider or are they specifically called by their breed, like "Cornish Broilers" ? I'd like to get a few.

gtaus

Crowing
Mar 29, 2019
Northern Minnesota
My Coop
Do I order "Easter Eggers" from my local provider or are they specifically called by their breed, like "Cornish Broilers" ? I'd like to get a few.
"Easter Egger chickens, which are often referred to as Ameraucana chickens, are a mixed breed that is derived directly from the Araucana breed."

Some providers list them as Easter Eggers, but my provider had them listed as Ameraucanas. I get a nice large light green egg from my Ameraucana, but egg colors will vary on the bird itself. To me, the green egg is a bonus, but when we sell our eggs, none of our customers want a green egg (they only want white or brown eggs). As you know, the color of the egg shell has no difference in taste. If you have all your chickens eating the same food, the quality and taste of the egg(s) are the same. Anyway, we eat the green eggs at home and love them.

Top Bottom