Eastern Iowa Poultry Association Annual Show, November 29-30

oh, i'm so glad you're going! its way different than a dog show, its EASIER!! you clean your birds, make them look the best they can and then put them in their coops. EASY!

I wonder if we will meet each other and not know each other? Anyways... I am going but not bringing any birds with me. I might be getting some birds there but I have not heard back more from the lady since we last talked.

We're going - should we go Friday or Saturday? We just want to see all the birds and maybe buy a few from the sale birds. Which day will be better for sale birds? Any suggestions?

FELLOW BYCers.......

The IA crowd was trying to figure out how to pick out our fellow BYC peeps at the show. I suggested this

"Everyone get plain white name tag and put BYC in large red letters on the top and their BYC tag in the middle with Real first name on the bottom

Like this

BYC (in red)
Clay in Iowa
Clay (bet you couldn't guess that
tongue.png
)

Place the tag on the left side of your shirt above you breast pocket Or there a bouts if you don't have pockets.

Yes ...no????

I'm going to meet people and maybe scare up a nice chicken dinner
big_smile.png
"

Several are planning to participate. Join in and meet the peeps behind the posts.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
i think its a great idea clay. i'll try and scrounge up a nametag.

chooks -- i would say saturday morning is a better time to come. friday night is when everyone shows up and coops in all their birds, there might be some sale birds already in, but some people don't arrive till early morning, so saturday morning will have the most selection and the most people around

Are any of you cochin people, who are going to the IA City show, long on broody cochin bantams? Are they so boring you want to get rid of one? I want a young broody. I tried a thread looking for the broodiest bantam birds and silkies seemed number one with cochins second. My wife prefers cochins. What have you, age etc. and would you like to trade, give away to a good home or, sell? PM me if you have something available and you are going to the show.I will be there as an exhibitor, with a nametag on!

i dont have anything for sale, but i have a pair of red bantam cochins i'm showing for the first time. i'm also looking for more reds and some buffs.

what are you showing?

Couple of Serama for me. My boys are showing a vorwerk and an OEGB.

Edit: I doubt if the serama will do anything but hoping to spur some interest in the boys and a ribbon would help. Have your Cochins been broody? Saturday morning, after it warms up would be a wise time to come. I am hoping the weather will be nice.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom