Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK....I locked down my Lavender Orp eggs last night. Praying for a good hatch.
fl.gif

Judging from what I saw when candeling these are going to be some big chicks!! Now.... got to find something to keep me busy til Tuesday. I just am not a patient person!!
pop.gif

Anyone else hatching out this week?? Silkies will be due to hatch in about 12 days!

I have English BBS Orpingtons on day 11. It would be the first time I am hatching my own eggs. I'm pretty excited. I'd be more excited if I weren't terrified they are all going to be little cockerels.

Why is it that lock down seems to last as long as the first 18 days?

Quote:
I'm hatching out Runner ducklings, Roman Tufted geese, Sebastopol geese, Gold Laced Cochins, Birchen Cochins, Partridge Wyandottes, and some mixed Call duck eggs this week. There's probably more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Good luck with your hatch!!

Laurie

Quote:
I have 30+ d'Uccle eggs that went into lockdown yesterday, and I have a pip this evening. Hopefuly they will be popping like popcorn tomorrow!!

Quote:
I'm hatching out Runner ducklings, Roman Tufted geese, Sebastopol geese, Gold Laced Cochins, Birchen Cochins, Partridge Wyandottes, and some mixed Call duck eggs this week. There's probably more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Laurie

Goodness Laurie...you do love a good selection!
clap.gif
I do the same thing.... never know what it going to come out of mine. Keep us posted!
Yes...it seems those 3 little days feel like weeks!! I do have something to show everyone....really strange to me. Maybe others have had this happen and can tell me what to do. I went out to collect eggs this evening and there was one that feels like Jello! Well Jello with a light skin over it. You can see the yolk inside. What could have caused this. Other than the hen whos eggs have had thin shells everyone elses are find. They have oyster shell available, I feed crushed shells back to them and they get fresh veggies like cabbage..spinach. This is a new one on me!
70714_s5031561.jpg

Quote:
I have 30+ d'Uccle eggs that went into lockdown yesterday, and I have a pip this evening. Hopefuly they will be popping like popcorn tomorrow!!

Yeah!!!!
wee.gif
I love the d'Uccles...have had a really hard time NOT adding them to my flock. For now I have to be content with Silkies, SGs, Lav. Orps, polish and OEs....maybe someday.
old.gif

Keep us posted on your hatch!!
caf.gif

Quote:

Yeah!!!!
wee.gif
I love the d'Uccles...have had a really hard time NOT adding them to my flock. For now I have to be content with Silkies, SGs, Lav. Orps, polish and OEs....maybe someday.
old.gif

Keep us posted on your hatch!!
caf.gif

Will let you know! I have my
fl.gif
that these hatch mostly lavender

I have almost all d'Uccles except for a small silkie/showgirl flock. They all went broody and I'm not sure when the little silkies will pop.

Quote:

Laurie

Goodness Laurie...you do love a good selection!
clap.gif
I do the same thing.... never know what it going to come out of mine. Keep us posted!
Yes...it seems those 3 little days feel like weeks!! I do have something to show everyone....really strange to me. Maybe others have had this happen and can tell me what to do. I went out to collect eggs this evening and there was one that feels like Jello! Well Jello with a light skin over it. You can see the yolk inside. What could have caused this. Other than the hen whos eggs have had thin shells everyone elses are find. They have oyster shell available, I feed crushed shells back to them and they get fresh veggies like cabbage..spinach. This is a new one on me!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/70714_s5031561.jpg

That happens sometimes no matter how much calcium they get. I put it down to second egg in too short of time laid. She just HAD to go.
lol.png

Well...came home to find that I had 2 eggs pipped! A day early but they look great. Both are out of the shell now....Lav. splits. Yeah!! I hope the rest hatch tonight...otherwise I am will never get any sleep.
pop.gif
Pics coming in a little while.

How is everyone else doing with theirs??

Hey guys, I have been absent on here for quite a while because I had to move back into the city and Oak Ridge hasn't legalized chickens yet (though I am in the works of building a discreet one for my back yard that has 1/2 acre w 6 foot privacy fence anyways)

But right now I am raising chicks for a few people I work for at the vet, including one of the veterinarians. I am still going to need about 15 chicks more and am looking for a variety of breeds, for egg layers and pets. Oak Ridge is about 20, 30 minutes west of Knoxville. I would like some Delaware, Light Brahma, Standard Cochins, Standard Polish, maybe some more Orpingtons, Marans, or just about anything standard sized since no one seems to want bantams. I will be going out of town next week so either would get them on my way back from Georgia Sunday April 10th or anytime after that.

Thank you guys!!

Whitney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom