Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be disowned, diemboweled and killed deader than dead if I filled every thing up.

I have 4 styro foams with turners that hold 42 each.

Then I have the one I use the most (my favorite).
big_smile.png

It is an older model GQF that will hold about 300.

Could add another row of modified styro turners to the bottom of the GQF for another 70.

So if I wanted to die I have the ability to set 532 plus or minus 10 at one time.
hide.gif

Oh I almost forgot, I am having a friend that does a lot of woodwork building a case
for a hatcher that will match the QGF with hatching trays and NO turners.

The most I have ever run at one time was 162 eggs for a 100 chick order.
(would still like to hang dad over that one)
somad.gif

Wound up hatching about 130 of them.

WAY TOO MANY TO DEAL WITH AT ONE TIME!!!!!!!!
he.gif

I like running batches of between 25 and 30.

Last edited:
The Loudon County 4-Hers will be auctioning their chickens on Saturday, October 13, 2012 at the Loudon County Valley Farmers Cooperative on Highway 11. The sale will begin at 10AM. Lunch will be available for purchase which supports Loudon County 4-H.
The address is:
2084 West Lee Highway
Loudon, TN 37774

The chicken breeds are Rhode Island Red, Black Sex Link, Brown Sex Link, and Golden Sex Link. Please come out and support 4-H!!! For questions call the Loudon County Extension office at 865-458-5612

Just an FYI

The Loudon County 4-Hers will be auctioning their chickens on Saturday, October 13, 2012 at the Loudon County Valley Farmers Cooperative on Highway 11. The sale will begin at 10AM. Lunch will be available for purchase which supports Loudon County 4-H.
The address is:
2084 West Lee Highway
Loudon, TN 37774

The chicken breeds are Rhode Island Red, Black Sex Link, Brown Sex Link, and Golden Sex Link. Please come out and support 4-H!!! For questions call the Loudon County Extension office at 865-458-5612

Just an FYI

I was just getting on to ask something that you just answered. Weird!

I am going to start a chicken broker service. Someone asked me to help them find a starter flock of layers... and here this post is. If anyone is interested in selling 4-5 pullets and a cockerel to a guy I know, speak up... I don't think he is too crazy about the auction format above. He isn't picky but wants larger bodied layers.

So been messages have been sent to known people in the area that have the breeds I was interested in and no-one has eggs to buy.

Whew! I have caught up on 38 posts. So in no particular order here goes:

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
glad to have the newcomers along for the ride on the E. TN thread (this is coming from one who still considers herself a newbie)
big_smile.png

Since you nominated ADHD to do the picnic consider yourselves for warned. I will ask a blue million questions repeatedly and would appreciate some insight!

Are we meeting at the Knoxville Zoo? Do they still have a picnic area on the Fairgrounds? Does anyone know where the natural spring is on Love's Creek Rd? I go by there some & I think they have a picnic area. It is not far from the zoo. If you get off I-40 at the Rutledge Pke Exit & go the opposite direction of the zoo I think its the 2nd traffic light & you turn left, go through the tunnel & its the first right. Its very easy to find & I think its a public park. Just a thought.

Now for the food. Do we get a head count on those planning to attend, allocate out the buns, meat, side dishes, drinks, desserts, cups, ice, napkins, plates, condiments, etc. I know Sam's sells some decent frozen burger patties (18 -20 count not sure) for around $20, they have hot dogs, buns, etc. There is also a Merita bread store close to the mall. And what about charcoal and/or grills (if they do not have them there)?

How many ppl at the last one? How did you do it? We are not bringing pets: does this include kids & spouses (just kidding). See I warned you.
lau.gif

All kidding aside I will gladly help if someone else wants to do it with me.

I do not have any ideas on the predator or the goat posts. I do agree with giving too much treats affecting chickens. I have cut way down on my treats & they are giving me the "look"
well, I'm getting caught up-my great aunt died and I'm 64 posts behind. The zoo's 100 miles for me. When ? going to try the date out on my DH--hopefully no surprise overnight guests, like the last one we missed.
welcome-byc.gif
welcome to all the newbies--I don't think anyone can ask more questions than I did starting out. Still 2 hens short--need a better q area. Poor DH--it's always something on hie honey-do--this weekend is winterizing the temporary coop--or should I say summer coop?

well, I'm getting caught up-my great aunt died and I'm 64 posts behind. The zoo's 100 miles for me. When ? going to try the date out on my DH--hopefully no surprise overnight guests, like the last one we missed.
welcome-byc.gif
welcome to all the newbies--I don't think anyone can ask more questions than I did starting out. Still 2 hens short--need a better q area. Poor DH--it's always something on hie honey-do--this weekend is winterizing the temporary coop--or should I say summer coop?

I am sorry about your great aunt. I think we are trying to decide on a date (if you look back through the posts). If I am not wrong I believe its between Saturday Oct 20 & Sunday 21. I think we are taking a vote. I lost the post! I am open to either day but I think there was some concern over Sunday and maybe not getting there in time to reserve/hold the picnic area. I am going tomorrow to take pictures of 2 parks that are within 3 to 4 miles of the zoo. I will post the information I get & see if we can reserve either of them. I think its hard to find a central location for us because being east we run up into the corner of the state. I am lucky in the respect of east Knoxville being about 25 miles or so from me.

My dh is always helping me with the fix the chickens a home thing too. I also would like a better q area but have decided I will not introduce any older chickens to my flock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom