Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the forum.
Wow,,,thats great to know you have so many breeds. We will def. come by and check them out when we finally get the coop done
smile.png

Quote:
What breeds?

I raise Welsummers, Black Australorps, Delawares, Turkens, Cuckoo Marans, Light Brahmas, Buff Orpingtons, Silver laced Wyandotes, Roade Island Reds, Ameracanas, Buff Laced Polish, White Crested Black Polish, Bantam polish, Buttercups, also working on Tolbunt polish and Lavender Orpingtons. Also will have soon babies from Bourbon Red Turkeys, Buff Dundotte Guineas, Red Golden Pheasants, Lady Amhearts Pheasants, Silver Pheasants.(When they start laying). Pomeranian Geese, Button Quail, Mexican Speckled Quail, Pharoah Quail, and African Harliquin Quail. I believe thats all of them! I am located in Delano, Tn. near the Mennonite Horse and Buggy Community, if any of you are ever in my area stop by and we will talk birds!

yippiechickie.gif

We will def. be needing Buff Orps, & Australorps (pullets)....be sure and let us know when they are ready if you need to sell any
big_smile.png

Also looking for Gold Laced Wyandotes and BCM's if you hear anything. We need to keep it at about 12 total right now so figured we would get three of each breed.

Quote:
Great to meet you poultrylady! Do you sell hatching eggs??? I have thought about quail but don't know what kind of a market we have around here. I am still building my flock. Oh...I am also looking for some laying hens. The funds from selling eggs buys feed and hopefully some fencing. So...tell me some of the breeds you have?? I have Blue Andalusians, polish,Salmon Favarolles, Black Stars, americanas and a few mutts. Oh..forgot about my Sumatra hen. Hope to find a partner for her. I just hatched out silkies and Americana/Welsummer crosses. Great to have such nice people here!!
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
What breeds?

I raise Welsummers, Black Australorps, Delawares, Turkens, Cuckoo Marans, Light Brahmas, Buff Orpingtons, Silver laced Wyandotes, Roade Island Reds, Ameracanas, Buff Laced Polish, White Crested Black Polish, Bantam polish, Buttercups, also working on Tolbunt polish and Lavender Orpingtons. Also will have soon babies from Bourbon Red Turkeys, Buff Dundotte Guineas, Red Golden Pheasants, Lady Amhearts Pheasants, Silver Pheasants.(When they start laying). Pomeranian Geese, Button Quail, Mexican Speckled Quail, Pharoah Quail, and African Harliquin Quail. I believe thats all of them! I am located in Delano, Tn. near the Mennonite Horse and Buggy Community, if any of you are ever in my area stop by and we will talk birds!

Ahhhh...Mrs Poultrylady...I need to pay a visit.
love.gif
You have 3 breeds of chickens I am looking for. I need Cuckoo Marans, Crested Polish and would be interested in your Buff Laced Polish. I have a beautiful Golden Laced Polish hen who needs buddies. I would really like to see your Tolbunts. Would love to visit in a couple weeks if possible.
thumbsup.gif
Do you sell hatching eggs....I love to hatch eggs!
I am working on Welsummer/Americana cross. I was told it would result in Olive Eggers. Hope to find someone who will confirm this for me.

So how did everyone handle the storm? Everything seems alright here, all the quail and chickens ar alive and confused.
roll.png

Boy did we get the rain yesterday, a few of my pens are soaked! I am located about 5 miles south of the little town of Etowah, just about a 1/4 mile off Highway 411. I am very easy to find. And no, sorry, I don't sell hatching eggs this time of year, I am putting them all iin the incubators. I have a beautiful flock of Buff Laced Polish and just starting to get babies from them. You are welcome to come down anytime and see them. We Got Chickens if you need some button quail I will give you a great deal if you want some, I am about to be overran with them. They are selling good but I am incubating about 100 eggs and week and they are starting to back up, I'm going to back off on hatching them. Chick sells are going extremly well right now, I took 80 chicks out yesterday and solds them within 2 hrs. But as the season goes on they will not sell as fast, everyone wants chicks right now-I guess it's the warm weather! My Mennonite neighbors have an animal sell the last Sat. of each month, starting next month, people come from everywhere to buy from them and since I live just before you get to their community people stop in here also to buy babies. I am looking forward to a good season(hopefully)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom