Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Saloli. Here some options for you on getting chicks. Beside those of us here try craigslist too in the farm section. Also TSC carries chicks right now. Meyers in OH lets you buy less than 25 too. Right now it is hard to get from a hatchery due to many are sold out for the year already. But I am sure those here on BYC can help you out.
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Besides the light brahmas, LC Feeds in Lenoir City had the three types of pullet chicks you're looking for. I'd help ya out with getting chicks but I just bought some from LC, Rhode Island Reds and Easter Eggers. I also have 2 dozen eggs incubating that started hatching yesterday to go pick up, and 5 dozen more that will be ready in 2 weeks. Those all will be RIR's, EE's, and Silver laced Wyandottes.
Any chick will be friendly as long as you handle them all the time. Mine are friendly, just don't like being grabbed
tongue.png

Quote:
Yes, Karen, I think we all need to meet up again!

I know Barge has been doing a monthly meeting on the 1st Tuesday of each month, but I can't make those (family commitments). Maybe we can get together on a weekend afternoon and he can catch us up on what's been discussed...

Several have decided to meet at the show in Newport on Saturday May 7th.
Just thought you would like to know.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

I'm gonna be there too.
smile.png

Just come back from Co-op, and got me 3 khaki campbell ducklings
smile.png
DH wasn't so thrilled lol
Went and picked up 13 chicks of 24 eggs, that I had incubated.

One wonderful way to use Bantam eggs..if you like pickled eggs...is to pickle them! They are just the exact bite-size!!
celebrate.gif

Hey....I will be at the Newport shoe too!!! Would like to show a couple of my polish but...never done it before and I am sure it is much different from showing horses...
tongue2.gif

How did everyone make out with last night storm? We did OK nothing major. I heard about a tornado in Knox last night. Hope everyone and everything is OK here.
frow.gif

Greenback got hit pretty hard, just south of Maryville. We didn't get much - spurts of hard rain, then sun, then rain, then sun. Flashes and booms around 9:30, then when the lights flickered, we went to bed. Told the dog to wake us if there was any tornados coming.

Storm started around 4 o'clock with hail, then turned to rain, and later there was some lightning and thunder. We didn't lose power, since those guys stopped stealing the ground wires from the substation...
hmm.png

The chickies survived, everyone is alive.
BTW, if anyone is interested I have RIR chicks for $2 each. I hatched them so they are straight run, the rooster that helped produce them is not mean.

55886_baby_rirs.jpg

We survived the storm. Seymour got a lot of wind, lightning and thunder, but I think the hail missed us. Sure feel for the folks that got hit by the tornado, though!
sad.png

TNBarnQueen, showing chickens is easy as pie. The blood test upon arrival (if you aren't NPIP) is the hardest part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom