Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I would have been able to make it to the Rabbit show yesterday! I am searching for a mini rex. I did find a fuzzy lop before Easter from a breeder in Ashville, NC. $50 must be reg. price for the Lops. I had sticker shock as well, but you can differently tell the difference in quality and personality. The breeder facility is was impeccable. Here are a few photos I took of my kids, chicks and bunny before Easter. Hope it is all right to share.
90094_img_5908-copy.jpg

Welsummer chick
90094_img_5883-copy.jpg

Delaware chick
90094_img_5868-copy.jpg

We chicks have to stick together!
90094_img_5887-copy.jpg

Silver Laced Brahma
90094_img_8315-copy.jpg

Fuzzy Lop
90094_img_8359c-copy.jpg

90094_img_8409-copy.jpg

Those are so cute!!!

It makes me want to get one of those bunnies even though I know that I never get just ONE animal.

I can't delude myself any longer. I got two buff brahma in my McMurray order. They weren't on the invoice. They started growing pointy saddle feathers a couple of weeks ago. I STILL was telling myself they were girls, because I only ordered pullets, right? Well this morning one of them decided to crow. That makes at least six boys out of my order of twenty pullets... sigh...

Edited to add: Awesome depth of field it that first photo!

Last edited:
Quote:
th.gif
GOOD GRIEF!! That's ok, I asked a guy about his New Zealands and he said $50 and when I was stunned he was stunned and said that it was good!!! Where's a defribrillator when you need one? Anyway, I acctually was going to buy a REW Mini Lop buck but his owner kept showing me why she was trying to sell him and just made me not want him. I also don't have any more cages, so I went to the lady that was selling cages and she could make me 2 24"*30" cages together for $70. Not bad, but I can make more than 2 for that but mine won't be AS pretty... The bunnies you got are soo cute!
love.gif

I almost got a mini lop.....but all I saw were bucks and hate to get a buck without a doe to go with it. There was a very very sweet (no pedigree) little gray mini lop buck at the very front with the guy by the door (where I got my bunnies)....if I hadnt already gotten the 2 lionhead bucks, i may have gotten him too. He was super sweet.

I am going to make a big panel of cages. Wooden with wire on them. I will just work on litter training these guys like my last one
wink.png
Since Lionheads are so small, I am going to make the cages 24"x30" but with removable dividers so they can be opened up to be 48"x30" if I want to. Much bigger than needed for Lionheads, but I like to make them big enough to accommodate larger breeds and I like to give my little guys some extra space.

Did you see the English Lops with their big long ears? They were so cute! Same thing with them. All bucks! Kind of like dang roosters, lol.

I did see the English Lops! They're soo cute! The lady behind the one with the 2 for sale had some good ones and they just had a litter, she sales them for 50 and up, I got her card. I know 50 is the norm for rabbits, but thats supposed to be for SHOW quality rabbits. I'm getting a brood quality doe from my friend for $20
smile.png
(Of course, I have known her since I was like in 2nd grade, she graduated with my oldest sister)

Well.......my silkie was off the nest this morning doing an am stretch so i peeked at the egg....no movement inside anymore )O: I asked this question on the incubating thread with no response, maybe you guys can help me....will she keep setting as long as she has eggs or untill she gets bored or i take them away? How long will she sit waiting for that baby? Because if she's going to continue to sit, maybe i can find a few to offer her from someone close >hint hint<

hmmm.. post above reminds me i should candle cluckies eggs again, and probably should have fostered some more to her, but she seems happy with the four she has, and they are at least two to three weeks in maybe by now, so unless job was making me totally lose track of time, theyu should be ready soon if she did her job decent (they are in a plastic shelf basket).

Anyone in the greeneville/morristown area have a few eggs they'd want to sell me? I'm going out now to check on everyone and get everyone fed, but I do not have any high hopes.

Quote:
What are you looking for?

Well...i was HOPING for a chick or a pip but since there has been no movement since last wednesday, and still none yesterday and nothing notable this morning, my hopes are gone. Completely gone.
hit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom