Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Tee hee! I knew someone was from the east, bc they call it soda. In MI its "pop".
This is a true story, its 1996, n I had just come down with my 3 kids n was @ ETSU for nursing orientation. Had been there all day n wanted something cold to drink. I sit down next to Alice who was dring a Mt Dew. I said "were'd you get your pop"?
Alice looking confused: oh, u mean my Coke.
Sandy, now confused bc Alice has a Mt. Dew: no your pop, your Mt. Dew
Alice: I got my coke in the vending machine dwn the hal
Sandy:??
So u won't find southern accents here, but I CAN almost understand them now, ha

What fair ??
idunno.gif

lol im from milwaukee (the coldest place on the continant in winter! at -60 to -90 with wind chill). wisconsin, so if you watch family guy you will get the referance to the wisconsin nympo maniac jokes i hear constantly! also up in the rocky top were my family moved to long ago now, they call soda, "pop", but in town call it "coke". odd. so been looking at asheville, and mentioned its just taken so long to move there because of all the animals (critters, to you locals. lol), mentioning that i was trying before to find place for chickens, and they said they love chickens ( self sustaining eco hippies), and that his right next door neighbor wanted to get some backyard chickens. jackpot!

at least im not the only mushroom here( my mother says she is a mushroom, because she is kept in the dark, and fed BS). lol as no one else apparently knows about the fair.

Quote:
Maynardville sure enough love their critters & everyone here is basically self sustaining.
smile.png
The main reason I moved here 2 yrs ago from Knoxville. I had lived there for 23 yrs . When the illegal immigrant problem got to where it is now I decided to move before all my critters got killed.
hit.gif
I am loving rediscovering my roots, having been raised on a farm all my life. I moved to big city to get an education & work. Well I still work there drive an hour in & back but well worth the time to me. Guess I liked running almost nekked more than I thought.
wee.gif
Since moving to my 28 acres we have had a garden for the last 2 yrs , this spring built 2 cold frames , 2 chicken coops , almost forgot the strorage shed. And I wonder why I haven't had the time to get my bike out to ride.
sad.png
Oh well at least it is all built now we can enjoy some riding this fall the colors are beautiful.
thumbsup.gif

Hello! I was pointed in this direction from the Introduction Thread...
smile.png

I live in the woods, haha. Close to Knoxville, though! But far enough away to have roosters and as many birds as we want. I was a college/navy brat, so I wasn't born and raised here... or anywhere specific, for that matter.
hu.gif

As for the coke/pop/soda issue... I say "soda-pop". It's infinitely more fun to say than either word by itself and the weird looks are priceless.
tongue.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom