Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt bath anyone this time, everyone will just be getting cleaned off before they are cooped in, I think they are thankful for this
lol.png
. Wayy to cold on my end to bath anyone, well only one duck is kinda dirty so hoping for the best and that they will look clean, didnt want to take a chance on putting them into shock. As if i could see me bending over a tub trying to wash those birds with whiplash from that car accident a few weeks ago, dont think that would have went over well.
Tnchickenut: I know a few things you can do to keep them white, I talked to a few judges about that problem before, just pm me if you want the list cause its kinda long.

Daphne... Go to the class for processing. You have to get it over with sooner or later
wink.png

It might help you to just skin the first several instead of pulling feathers, at least until you get used to it. I find more people freaked out about the feeling and the smell of pulling wet feathers than with the actual evisceration or kill cut. Megan (11 yo step daughter) can take one down pretty easy and even give you an anatomy lesson with the warm innards spread on a table....yet she still refuses to pull wet feathers. Go figure?

I'm awake! Going to bed soon.....

Everyone is loaded up, had one last minute whoopsie when I realized my big 4 hole cage for sale birds was too gross too use.......fortunately was given a few extra rabbit cages a few days ago that need to be fixed up....they are good enough for chicken transport though! Crammed everyone in that way......

Last edited:
Bairo-Thank you! They are lovely and sweet as can be-settling in after an uneventful ride home. Sorry I did not get to meet you, though.

It was a nice show!

It was really nice to meet some BYC'er's it was a true pleasure. Thank-you all so much for our 1st intro to a chicken show. But I ain't never seen soo many little chickens they were so cute.
smile.png
Sorry couldn't have stayed a little longer had some house guests coming & of course had to get some dreaded house cleaning done. Not my favorite thing to do.
Got the little ladies settled in they are currently cheeping away in their big ole dog crate.
smile.png
Thanks wegot chickens they are sooo cute
big_smile.png
let's hope they lay & not crow. Can't wait to see them all grown up. They are gonna be some pretty yard decorations. Got their playpen in yard for them will try them out on grass tomorrow.

Had a blast today, didnt get to meet anyone from here, was getting pulled around by some of my club members all day (different east tn poultry club). The babies are alittle fussy but settling in well, already spoiled rotten. Got an absolutely amazing partridge silkie cockerel from Sandy who should be in the show room next spring if everything goes well. Managed to pick up my dad an awesome Oegb Roo for his the extra hens he has too. Will be clerking the show in may, cant wait
big_smile.png

I had tons of fun today too! I tried to more observe and listen than anything. I had a great time meeting and hanging out with fellow BYC'rs and may even be talked into showing some chickens at some point! Thanks again guys, you rock!

Quote:
I don't think I'd mind the feather part. I've scraped many a hog and it can't get any worse than that!
sickbyc.gif
I just can't do the alive-to-dead part. Once it's dead, I'm fine... go figure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom