Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post 5165.....this rooster needs a home....soon. He is a very nice roo... a BS maran x black star. He is really getting hateful with the other roo with him sooooo,,,,anyone want him? He will make good dumplings and my freezer is full. I have a golf ball size knot on top of foot to prove it.
tongue.png
A package fell out while I was getting some meat out and hold everything else in.

Does anyone know someone who has piglets for sale. I think he is looking for new hampshires...or the ones that are black and have a white band around them..thanks@

If you're talking to me, no, it's Big South Fork Park near Oneida, TN up towards KY.
Looks like Spring City, am I right?
We had a lot of fun! We were in bear country, at least that is what we were told and read everywhere about the area. Didn't see a bear though. We tent camp and surprisingly it wasn't a busy weekend to camp, I enjoyed the hike and now that we're back... on a diet!
tongue.png

Last edited:
If you're talking to me, no, it's Big South Fork Park near Oneida, TN up towards KY.
We had a lot of fun! We were in bear country, at least that is what we were told and read everywhere about the area. Didn't see a bear though. We tent camp and surprisingly it wasn't a busy weekend to camp, I enjoyed the hike and now that we're back... on a diet!
tongue.png

Well I was way off. LOL!! I was going by the rocks... you know, like guessing a area by the ridge of the mountains.

Hey all....
Any of you rabbit folks breed or know of a NZ breeder? My brother is wanting to get into rabbits for meat and has no internet so I said I would help him.

I am so glad it is raining today! I been going full throttle since Friday. Restoring one house, had to clean out my dad's house.

We moved all his stuff over and then scrub it down. Had a guy who is working on my remodel get a call from child protective services. His wife left him while he was serving in Iraq. He couldn't find her or his lil girl. Well, last week he gets a call to pick up his girl. Who he hasn't seen in 2 years. Mom busted for a huge list of stuff.
Anyway they wouldn't give him the little girl till he had a place of his own and her own room. He has been staying with his mom since he came back. For 2 days he was looking for a rental that was move in ready in a short notice. I told him if he helped move stuff he could rent my dad's.

He passed away in NOV and I just didn't want to go in. Sunday everything but the pinball machine was moved out. I have to move all the tools out of my den to set it up. The tools in the den are my dad's and we don't have a garage. I'll have to get it in a week or two lol.

Monday was scrub day. I cleaned from 9am till 7pm. I am beat. But it didn't end with the moving and cleaning. I also had the remodel.

Saturday carpet was removed and replaced. Then I drove down to Trion,GA to get a 4' x 8' chicken hutch with a divider. It has 2 big nest boxes on the back. That will be my broody hen area. I didn't get back till 10:30pm.

Sunday after the moving of stuff I drove up 2 hours away to trade chickens. Monday while I was cleaning, hubby put the coop together because I had to break it down to fit in my truck. He also put the fence around it. now we just have to get a top.

Now my broody hen is happy to be alone. she just needs some eggs to sit on.

Little Boy Blue has a place that is safe till the others get to know him through the fence.

Thanks Barn Queen! It was fun seeing your babies!

now waiting till it stops raining to finish the roof on the main run. A tarp/shade cloth for the little one.

Mammie coming out for a drink. Lil Boy Blue working hard to figure out how to get to the other coop.

Nice set up peach!!

So other than waiting to see if she lays, how can I tell if my EE is/isn't a roo? BAIRO-I know you said we could work it out if she was. The reason I am curious is bc I heard some noises that sounded an awful lot like crowing coming from the run this morning :rolleyes: but it was so quick and I hadn't had my coffee yet :)

I can try to snap some pics of the EE too!

We are leaving our chickens for the first time this wkd-our cousin will be checking on them for us! so hopefully all will go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom