Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Worn, Jun 3, 2010.

1. RustyHen

RustyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Echo, Oregon
    [​IMG]

2. silkiemelon

silkiemelon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2012
    Washington
    Real fast, here is a picture of the silkie chicks I mentioned before, for those who asked for it:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Playing around with my polish and other silkie hen :)

They are really feathering out nicely, great crests.

3. CarriesPeeps

CarriesPeeps Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2013
    Priest River, Idaho
    Oh they are so beautiful!

4. chickengarden

chickengarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    Entiat, WA
    thanks

5. chickengarden

Mar 15, 2012
    Entiat, WA
    Anybody else get snow last night?

Also, anyone on here have guineas? I have three 1 month olds and I need a few more. I've been checking Coastal Farm and Ranch but they haven't gotten any more in and I'm thinking maybe I'll order online but don't know who I should order from...

6. Vickis Girls

Vickis Girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2012
    Central Washington
    We got snow. No big deal, just enough that I had to go out and sweep the dish off so that the internet would work.
    By the way,

Happy Spring!!!

7. Vickis Girls

Vickis Girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2012
    Central Washington
    I'n a vegetarian as well, But am fine dining alongside carnivores. I do appreciate everyone being respectful of each others' preferences, and I don't always feel that's the case, do you?

8. BonnieLass

BonnieLass Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2013
    Eastern Washington
    I'm new to BYC. I live in Eastern Washington in a small city with very strict poultry and livestock rules. Up until almost two years ago we weren't allowed to keep poultry at all if we had less than half an acre. Now we can have four hens no matter our lot size. I wish I could have a mini dairy goat but that is illegal for my lots size. I will have to settle for eggs and veggies from the garden. We also have one rabbit, an angora for fiber and fertilizer. We just got our first chicks, four black sex linked, and we are excited. Our neighbors are pretty cool about it so far. they have come over to see the new chicks in the brooder.
    [​IMG]
    This a picture from thier first day home. Three of them are asleep. Has anyone else noticed that this breed of chick sleeps more than others, or is it just mine? They seem pretty healthy. They are now a week old and getting feathers and scratching, feeding and drinking well, but they still sleep a lot.

9. ChaeBird

ChaeBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2012
    Spokane, WA
    [​IMG] Hi there! I'm in Spokane, and we have four girls as well. All chicks sleep a lot when they're little. Ours would literally fall asleep while eating, their heads drooping into the food. Then they'd wake back up and keep eating! They seemed to be on a 5-minute schedule of wake, run around, eat/drink, poop, sleep. It was adorable. And all of our girls are different breeds.

10. chickengarden

Mar 15, 2012
    Entiat, WA
    Welcome!
    Our chicks slept a lot when they were brand new, too. We had mixed breeds but no black sex-links.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by