Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Worn, Jun 3, 2010.

1. chickenwings

chickenwings Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Cheney, WA
    One of my pullets died this morning :(

She seemed a bit off the last few days/week (not extending her neck & closing her eyes while breathing through her mouth sometimes) the weirdest part (I think) is that her comb was totally flat & never started to develop. I cant help but wonder if there was something genetic going on.

2. Vickis Girls

Vickis Girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2012
    Central Washington
    Awww, I'm so sorry chickenwings. Keep an eye on the rest. [​IMG]

3. Vickis Girls

Dec 30, 2012
    Central Washington
    Hi maggierose. Welcome aboard[​IMG]
    I hope you enjoy the laid back nature of this thread as much as I do. I was on the one from the "other side", and having missed a couple days, I realized I was like 20 pages behind. That's when I called it quits.I have too much to do to even try to keep up. Anyway, Welcome to our place[​IMG]
    Vicki

1 person likes this.
  4. Honeysuckle01

Honeysuckle01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2013
    Kennewick, WA
    We have chickens!
    We bought a house with a coop and brooder in the backyard. Also it looks like there a wooden box set-up for raising chicks in the shed next to the coop. It even has electricty to plug in the heat lamp. We're not sure about raising chicks. Anyway we picked up 2 cochin bantem hens today. My 5-year-old is in love with them. Not sure what their egg production will be like, so I'm thinking it might be nice to add a Rhode Island Red to round out our flock.
    Oh, I'm in the Tri-Cities.

5. Vickis Girls

Dec 30, 2012
    Central Washington
    Welcome Honeysuckle01! We're all glad you could join us with your very first post!!! This thread moves pretty slowly, which is nice, because it's easy to keep up and if you ask a question, it doesn't get overlooked or buried with chit-chat. That's really neat that your new place is already set up for you to have chickens. Are you out of town where you can have a roo too? Cochins are beautiful birds. I ordered brahma's. They have the feathered legs too.
    Happy chickening, and welcome to our place![​IMG]
    Vicki

IT'S GOING TO BE A WARM, SUNNY DAY!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  6. CarriesPeeps

CarriesPeeps Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2013
    Priest River, Idaho
    Finished the double decker 4 room brooder yesterday and moved the 3 week old chicks outside. They were warm and toasty all night!

7. Vickis Girls

Dec 30, 2012
    Central Washington
    CP. Are these chicks part of the 100 you mentioned a few days ago? That's sure a lot of babies! What kind are they?

8. CarriesPeeps

CarriesPeeps Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2013
    Priest River, Idaho
    No, the kids picked out a polish and 2 old english game bantams at Big R when we got feed three weeks ago. The 100 are supposed to get here April 3rd.

9. Honeysuckle01

Honeysuckle01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2013
    Kennewick, WA
    Thanks for the welcome. Nope, we're in town, so no roosters and only 3 chickens before we need a permit. With the size of our coop, 3 would be our max anyway. Plus we don't eat that many eggs, so 2 or 3 would be good for us.
    The chickens survived the night. Yay! :) I half expect my 5-year-old to race out there when she wakes up to go check on them. Our 3-year-old was interested in the chickens when we were at the farm, but once we got home and got the chickens settled in, she doesn't really care about going out to see them.
    Bring on the warm weather!!

10. RustyHen

RustyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Echo, Oregon
    Hi welcome to BYC although I live in Oregon, near Hermiston you are all much close to me than the rest of the forums so I get on here and lurk and sometimes speak up![​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by