Easy! 98% way to sex chicks.

BunnyMomma

Songster
9 Years
Sep 17, 2010
Olin, North Carolina
I have found a way to sex most chicks and thought I'd share!
love.gif

When they are about 3 days old, you can feel the comb area just above the beak,
if it is indented in is usually a pullet.
jumpy.gif
If it is bumpy, it is a roo.
jumpy.gif

So far it has been accurate in almost all of the chicks. Try it and see if it works for you!
Bunny
bun.gif

Sexing is 100% accurate with my method.

Yes that is right... I said 100%!!!!

Ready.

Take notes.

OK... Here goes.

WAIT UNTIL THEY ARE 16 WEEKS OLD... I can sex them with absolute accuracy!

Had to do it.

This thread was getting too hostile.

P.S. My Mother still swears she can guess the sex of babies in vitro... She is wrong 50% of the time, but we humor her... Some on this board need more humor in their lives....

Well, one method that is sometimes absolutely certain to guarantee accurate gender identification, is to name the bird. Infallably Luci, Susan & Elizabeth will start crowing with great pride, while Ralph, Gary & William will lay stunningly feminine eggs.

I have some in the incubator right now. If they hatch I will try that. I know at 3 weeks I can usually tell boys from girls by the comb. Only works with straight comb though. Although I have a silkie cross that at about 4 weeks I knew he was a boy by his comb and he has a pea comb, not a walnut like most silkies but then again he is a mix.

what you copied is true my incubator sucked realy bad
thumbsup.gif

any ways you are right about the temperator change i got all males now all i hear is crowing all night and day
D.gif

but i do know about one way u could easly sex chicks of any way
jumpy.gif

and this is for real try it
celebrate.gif

hold them by there scruff like a cat holds its baby
males curl up
yippiechickie.gif

females hang loose LOL POULTRY ROCK
smile.png

The scientist in me now I want to do a big scientific study and collect my own data. Use ALL methods on a number of chick batches, adding data on temperature and maybe even hormone fluctuation over time. This would take at least a sample size of about 500 chicks and reproducible across at least three studies to have a data set large enough for analysis.......
caf.gif

Of course, afterwards I would be swimming in chickens.....
ep.gif

Do's
* Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.
* Respect the BackYardChickens Staff. They dedicate LOTS of volunteer time keeping the forum running smoothly.
* Be nice to newcomers and help them feel welcome.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom