Easy Chicken Alfredo

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
PC had me motivated to get moving this morning.

1 quart of cream, a stick of butter, a box of pasta and an hour and fifteen minutes is the basic for what you need to eat well.

c1.jpg

Chop a small onion and a couple cloves of garlic.

ca2.jpg

Add olive oil to a heated pan and melt a hick slab of butter in to it.

ca3.jpg

Add the onion, garlic and some tuscan style seasoning to the pan.

ca4.jpg

Add cubed chicken and cook until lightly browned and done thoughout.

ca5.jpg

Remove the chicken from the pan and add a little more butter.

ca6.jpg

Add the cream to the pan and simmer gently. Butter and cream will thicken if you take your time and stir it before it scalds or sticks. Once it is thick add the chicken back to it. Turn the heat down on low or off completely. Stir in a big handful of parmesain cheese.

ca7.jpg

While the alfredo sauce thickened I made a salad.

ca8.jpg

Steamed some brocolli.

ca9.jpg

And cook the pasta.

Bon Apetite!

Looks good
smile.png
One of my favorite dishes to make is chicken alfredo, the only thing different I believe, is that after the chicken is cooked, I remove it, add sliced bell peppers and mushrooms, cook them, then add heavy cream, heat that up, and add shredded parmesan cheese. Once it thickens I then add the chicken back. Of course, it all depends on what veggies your family tolerates-I love the bell peppers, especially red or yellow, and mushrooms. My DH and sons will pick them out.
roll.png

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to add in the parmesiain in the recipe and just did that.

I prefer lots of creamy sauce and chunks of chicken.

I put the mushrooms and red bell peppers in the salad.

I forgot the photo of the garlic bread. Ooops.

When I saw the title of this thread, I was sure it was going to be a joke, like maybe, "Feed your chicken a bite of cheese."

But honestly, this looks good . . . and EASY! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom