Eating chicken

Jose21

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 18, 2011
Now were are raising chickens ( for pets and eggs) eating chicken is seeming less and less attractive to my 11 year old daughter and me. Has anyone else found this? We do not eat much red meat as it is, and never lamb - so chicken has always been a staple food for the family....not so sure now.... Perhaps this feeling will pass when we are not holding small little chicken bodies with their skin visible through the newly growing feathers?

Funny you should say that but I have found the same thing. Was in the supermarket looking for something to have for dinner it was late in the evening so opted for something easy to make dinner as quick as possible. Walked along the isles and my partner stopped next to some pies there was a chunky chicken pie on offer and I couldn't buy it instead I chose a steak and mushroom.

I just don't feel the same about eating the chicken any more I can't believe that the mere thought of that chicken pie made me feel quite sick.

Who knows in time maybe I will feel ok about eating it again.
smile.png

My dad has a friend who has chickens, he can't eat chicken... But I have chickens and I have no problem eating it. But now there only 5 and 3 weeks old if that makes a difference. I don't think I'll ever stop or ever feel bad about it. Some people even feed chickens to there chickens!!!!! That I couldn't do!

I'm not alone!!! I've been getting teased from my family for the same thing. I didn't decide to quit eating chicken - my stomach did. Just won't do it anymore. I've been trying to wrap my head around it, but no luck so far. It has made dinnertime more difficult for sure. Kinda hope it will pass.
hmm.png

It would be hard for me to eat "Cleo, Blondie, J-li, Snowwhite, or Spot. but that chicken at the wally world ain't got no name. yumm!

Glad I am not alone, at first blamed not getting a good dinner together on chicks taking too much time. So we ended up with more egg sandwich dinners, pancakes with fruit salad dinners, etc. For right this minute, nobody seems to have problem with ham and bacon LOL. I hope we get over it, but I think I may be the problem, I just don't want to fix it. It is our staple too, probably about 4 times per week normally.

I've actually found I look forward to eating chicken, specifically our own home grown chicken. They are so much tastier than that crap you get from the grocery store. I figure if the chickens can eat chicken (and mine certainly do), so can I.

Back
Top Bottom