Eating MICE

Add giant roaches, centipedes, cicadas, snakes, any and all road kill, maggots, small scorpions, dead birds, baby birds, tadpoles or gold fish in shallow water, maggots to the list.

My Geandmother told me a chicken will eat anything that doesn't run away or bite back.

My young rooster caught a mouse in the yard, too! Then, there was a merry chase with the other chickens trying to steal his catch! Weird, but thanks for letting me know that this can be considered normal!!!
tongue.png

Protein. They are very opportunistic eaters. If you keel over and die in your run, they would probably eat you too.
lol.png

This is why I crack up when I see "vegetarian" eggs in the store. Anyone who insists that chickens are vegetarian, has never seen a chicken.

I raise feeder mice for my snake and when I have too many extras I always treat the ladies to a live snack! They LOVE it and it cuts back on my cost to feed the mice, less mouths = less food! I honestly think they make shorter work of them than the snake does. One peck and shake and the mouse's neck is usually (USUALLY, not always) severed, whereas with the snake it takes about 20-30 seconds for them to stop moving due to suffocation. The other day they fought over a poor frog for a solid five minutes, sadly he did not die as quickly as the mice usually do, probably because its harder to snap a frog's neck? I don't know, but I did feel sorry for him!!

Thread starter writes: Will any of the mouse end up in my eggs???? Then Sutrameine writes: "Have you ever cracked an egg and had pellets or mash pour out of the shell?"

I don't mean for the yuk factor to reverb thru you and down to your bones but you are what you eat. Just like when you eat a grass fed cow. With every bite you get that portion of all the grass it's ever eaten, like a thousand salads. You got a mouse, some worms and bugs too, probably. :) Bon Apetite, with relish

Last edited:
Thread starter writes: Will any of the mouse end up in my eggs???? Then Sutrameine writes: "Have you ever cracked an egg and had pellets or mash pour out of the shell?"

I don't mean for the yuk factor to reverb thru you and down to your bones but you are what you eat. Just like you when you eat a grass fed cow. With every bite you get that portion of all the grass it's ever eaten, like a thousand salads. You got a mouse, some worms and bugs too, probably. :) Bon Apetite, with relish

Yep! That's what makes those lovely golden yolks and yummy eggs for breakfast!

Back
Top Bottom