Ebay coop - review

Asgard Farms

Songster
10 Years
Sep 11, 2009
Belton, TX
I just got a coop off ebay. I am happy to say so far not to shabby.

Here is the link to the one I got ~ http://cgi.ebay.com/Deluxe-Chicken-Coop-Hen-House-CP002_W0QQitemZ120516790972QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0f5c4abc

so
far it's out of the box with very (very very) minor shipping damage.

It's better made than I thought it would be for under $300. I am re-sealing it cause I am paranoid
big_smile.png

will be putting it together tomarrow. Will report back with pictures as well.

Patti
(the super excited)

Wow, that's very nice. The listing says 5-10 birds, depending upon their size. Looks like a good deal since shipping is free.

Is this one related to the coop you wanted to sell last September? Same kind, and did you already sell the other one? I don't need much of an excuse to make a trip home....

Last edited:
i might put it up off the ground a little bit but it looks nice. sounds like a good deal if its made well.

it is similar to the one from last year, but not as thin and more reinforced. (my impression so far)

I have 4 hens at the moment. But for right now, it seems really big.

Will see after I get it set up.

Going to do a hatch of French Black Copper Marans next month - needed more space than the one i have.

it sealed nicely. It was "water proffed" but not as evently as I would have wanted. I used a paint on Olympic Sealer.

Set up is tomarrow.

Patti

I think it is cute, and would make a breeding coop out of it for the summer. I would just add a medium sized run, for 4-5 chickens.

Congrats. A nice looking coop for the money. Definitely do three things.

1 Put hardware cloth mesh over all windows from the inside.

2 Set it up 18" above ground, minimum so as to have no place for rodents and snakes to live.

3 Cut rectangular holes for four 6 x 12 vents. You cannot overventilate a coop and that coop has no permanent full-time ventilation that I could see. Chooks can get lung disorders very easy, and you do not want to deal with that, ever. You can easily lose an entire flock from that too.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom