Ebay Hatching Egg Questions

ChloeSilkie08

Crowing
Sep 10, 2020
Arkansas
I have been searching for some specific colored silkies and I found several sellers on Ebay willing to ship eggs. I have several questions
1. What should I be aware of?
2. Does anyone have any breeders they trust on Ebay?
3. What are red flags?
4. How do I choose the best seller?
5. Should I even bother?
I have no ways of getting specific colors like this in my area. I'm looking for frizzles, sizzles, paints, partridge, and any other unique colored silkie.

1. What should I be aware of? All sellers are individual so read reviews. If they have info on their farm in the description that'll be even better. Check fb and google
2. Does anyone have any breeders they trust on Ebay? For me, no. I usually go to eBay as a last resort. I prefer to buy out of a couple hatching egg FB groups before going to eBay. In these groups usually you can see more buyers and how happy they are with them.
3. What are red flags? Stock photos, not their own photos of the adult breeding stock. Its more common than you think so try to pay attention. Bad reviews (even if they're listed as positive but have negative things said). Not a lot of reviews.
4. How do I choose the best seller? Its hit or miss with eBay. There is a lot of risk as you can't always tell exactly who it is you're buying from.
5. Should I even bother? If you can't find any other sellers I say go for it!

ebay is fine but I have received eggs that had quite a large air cell already when I was guaranteed they were fresh. Definitely try to buy from as close as possible. My last eggs received had 5/6 completely detached freefloating air cells which is not great.
If they mention that the cockerel is not related to the hens thats a big bonus and sometimes they mention how they will pack them. A polystyrene cover is good but a carboard box with packing peanuts is actually best I find. The polystyrene doesn't absorb shocks as well as inside a padded box. The very best is a polystyrene cover inside a box with peanuts.

gre.PNG

This is one she is currently advertising...

Back
Top Bottom