Ebay seller - "Leon Valley Trading Company?"

I've got some silver phoenix eggs in the bator now from them (day 8), so I can't yet comment on quality. I will say that they were promply shipped and well packed. The auction was for six, and I received 10 (4 extra's). I candled them yesterday and have 5 developing and 5 that are not. This is my first time with shipped eggs so I don't really have any prior results to compare to. Well thats all the info I can give you on them for now. I will be happy to update in a few weeks on how they turn out.

Thanks,
Brian

I thought I would bring this topic up again since I am looking at some of their eggs. Does anyone have any experience with these folks?
Thanks!
Christina

I have gotten eggs from them, packaging is great. The chicks i did get to hatch were awesome. My duccles were from them. RIP girls. If I didn't have so many birds I would get more, my hatching rate is better now:)

Here is how my experience went with them. I bought Mille Fleur D'uccle eggs and Belgian Quail D'Anvers from them last year. The eggs were packed very well and were shipped promptly. They sent extras. With the Mille's, All 9 of the eggs candled clear at 7 days, and again at day 14 there was no development, and the eggs were tossed.

With the D'anvers, one egg showed development on day 7 and one chick hatched, the rest were clear. I am certain that the eggs were either infertile, or were xrayed, since they were packed very well and none were scrambled. I had also set 10 shipped Cochin eggs at the same time as these, and 8 of them hatched. Therefore, the result of the Leon Valley eggs had nothing to do with my incubation practices. I very politely e-mailed them to inform them of my results, and suggested that they might want to double check the fertility of those specific breeds. I never asked for a refund or replacement eggs, since I'm aware of the risks of shipped eggs, and I'm always willing to take a chance.

I recieved a very direct, borderline rude, reply from them stating that their fertility on their eggs should not be questioned and that the only way that I got bad results was from something that I did, which was obviously untrue. Never once was replacement eggs or any type of compensation offered, not that I wanted, or expected it.

In summary, through my experience with them, I would not use their eggs again even if offered for free. My time is worth something. There are many, many, other hatching eggs being offered by breeders who I am sure sell a better product and offer much better public relations. There has to be a reason why most of their auctions end with the lowest, opening bid price.

I also got some eggs from them, packed very well. I had an extremely poor development rate, I think I had 3 hatch. I dont know the quality, as I gave them away.

When purchasing shipped eggs you should let the eggs rest 24 hours before putting them into the incubator. so that the internal components can get back into normal position. all the jarring during travel moves things around.

Thanks all
smile.png

I tried to find an actual website for them but all they seem to have is an ebay storefront
hu.gif

hugs

Back
Top Bottom