Ebay seller took image off my poultry clubs website

It does seem funny that every time someone inquires with an egg seller about a picture that isn't theirs that the response is that their camera is broken. AWFUL lot of broken cameras out there!
hmm.png

Hate to play Devil's advocate, but...

Could it be possible that the eBay seller is a member of your club and does actually own that bird?

Or I could be out of my mind... I just like to examine all the possibilities before jumping to conclusions, and I'm going on the information you've provided to us. I don't know if you know that bird's owner, etc...

I wrote the seller and gave them two options.

1) Make amends for the fraudulent behavior by making a donation to the club they ripped off, place proper credits to the club, and state in their listing that the bird in the picture is not theirs.

2) If they do not agree to this then I will report them to Ebay.

silkieluver_07: Yup, I breed rosecombs. I have them in black, white, blue, and splash.

Here is my website: www.rosecombs.ca

The Chicken Lady: That's a very good point, but the seller is posting from the USA, and the owner of the hen is in PEI, Canada. I do know the owner. We're a pretty close group of show people up here.

Urban Coyote

Last edited:
This same sort of thing happened on a golden retriever forum that I belong to. Everyone on the forum likes to post pictures of their dogs and another forum member happened to see a pillow for sale on the internet with the picture of a golden forum members' dog on it (she remembered the photo)!!! :mad:

Have you heard back from the ebay sellers yet?

Quote:
Wow! What a jerk! I would report them to ebay right away. This past spring I had another ebay seller take my whole description that I wrote and copy it to their listing. I reported them right away, and their listing was removed, and I never saw another post from them again.

wow that really sucks i would totally be annoyes with that. Good luck on getting it off from ebay. It does make me wonder though how many people really do that on ebay.

You know not too long ago I was looking on my local Craigslist and I saw Speckledhen's coop. I thought I had seen that coop before and so I let her know that her coop was famous and known around the country.
lol.png
lol.png

I would just to notify him and ask why he is using that picture? He really should use pics of his own birds. Tell him he can use it, but for a price.
lol.png

Quote:
Yikes. If they said 'yes that's from another site', OK... but THIS... Eek. I'd E-mail back and say:

"That's very interesting. It just so happens that she is a bird in my Canadian poultry club. Her eggs are prime; how much per dozen?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom