Edit: contains dead embryo pics- Can you tell how old this developing egg is?

Good pics! Yes, they help. Looks day 16-17 to me.
So give it a couple more days. :)

Hi! So if that was day 16, today would be day 23...
I candled this morning and still saw blood vessel- does that mean it’s still alive?
Curious if I have a verrry late bloomer or a quitter...

Hi! So if that was day 16, today would be day 23...
I candled this morning and still saw blood vessel- does that mean it’s still alive?
Curious if I have a verrry late bloomer or a quitter...
Hi!
It could have been younger. It's hard to guess exact. Can you post a candling pic?
If the vessels look active it's alive. 👍

Hi!
It could have been younger. It's hard to guess exact. Can you post a candling pic?
If the vessels look active it's alive. 👍
[/QUOTE

Some veins are getting light but still one that is thicker

Attachments

• 9B6DF5E4-24CA-445A-8842-5A386C6CCB75.jpeg
    9B6DF5E4-24CA-445A-8842-5A386C6CCB75.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 4585B84C-27DE-411F-8092-E8D6FDD8A7F7.jpeg
    4585B84C-27DE-411F-8092-E8D6FDD8A7F7.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 5
It's close!!! Still alive and looking awesome! I'd say another day or two until it starts internally/externally pipping. It looks about day 17 or 18 right now. Guessing is hard, seems like I was a bit off.
Sorry, lol. I can judge them much better in person. :D

It is NOT time for this egg to hatch. Leave it be.
It hasn't even drawn down yet.

Please get to calibrated thermometer in your incubator before you set eggs again.

It is NOT time for this egg to hatch. Leave it be.
It hasn't even drawn down yet.

Please get to calibrated thermometer in your incubator before you set eggs again.

will do on thermometer- for when I decide to set eggs for the first time!
Right now I’m just doing damage control on a mystery egg my broody hen half incubated with her successful hatchlings...

was just hoping to have a sense of expected time so I dont keep a dead rotten egg at incubated temps in my living room for too long!

will do on thermometer- for when I decide to set eggs for the first time!
Right now I’m just doing damage control on a mystery egg my broody hen half incubated with her successful hatchlings...

was just hoping to have a sense of expected time so I dont keep a dead rotten egg at incubated temps in my living room for too long!
Sorry...I didn't read from the beginning.

Are you sure it's still alive?

Sorry...I didn't read from the beginning.

Are you sure it's still alive?
The one in question is. It isn't very far in incubation, I had guessed it looked day 16ish a few days ago, and that's just what we've been going off of. No one knows exactly what day it's on. :)

It's close!!! Still alive and looking awesome! I'd say another day or two until it starts internally/externally pipping. It looks about day 17 or 18 right now. Guessing is hard, seems like I was a bit off.
Sorry, lol. I can judge them much better in person. :D
Well today is my 3rd day 21! 😹😹
Still no action, but looked alive yesterday so time will tell!
I thought I was in “lockdown” so many times that I probably didn’t turn it as I should have; maybe all my candling counts...!

Well today is my 3rd day 21! 😹😹
Still no action, but looked alive yesterday so time will tell!
I thought I was in “lockdown” so many times that I probably didn’t turn it as I should have; maybe all my candling counts...!
Lol!!!
Ok. It is ok that it wasn't turned, there's enough movement once they reach that age that they won't stick. 👍
Let me know what happens!

Back
Top Bottom