Edit: Hen passed. Necropsy help? Hen lethargic, pale comb

Now that I see the pics, I’m not seeing anything that screams EYP at all.
I was worried someone would say that, but yeah. the only abnormalities I saw with regards to egg-related stuff was the egg I already mentioned, plus this yolk next to all the others had something wrapped around it (near the bottom there, you can see it being pinched hard), and looks really odd and lumpy compared to all the rest? Not sure if that's a normal thing.

1614897319080.png

I was worried someone would say that, but yeah. the only abnormalities I saw with regards to egg-related stuff was the egg I already mentioned, plus this yolk next to all the others had something wrapped around it (near the bottom there, you can see it being pinched hard), and looks really odd and lumpy compared to all the rest? Not sure if that's a normal thing.

View attachment 2554981
Perhaps not developed fully.

My hen had EYP this summer, and every time she pooped you could see all the egg contents she had to expel. It was all backed up into both systems, her airways were blocked and she had pneumonia. She did, however, survive and make a full recovery, but you would expect to see something when you cut open the hen. I don’t see signs of EYP at all, but I’m no vet.

My hen had EYP this summer, and every time she pooped you could see all the egg contents she had to expel. It was all backed up into both systems, her airways were blocked and she had pneumonia. She did, however, survive and make a full recovery, but you would expect to see something when you cut open the hen. I don’t see signs of EYP at all, but I’m no vet.
Glad to hear your girl made it out alright! I think I'm probably considering fatty liver hemorrhage as my top suspect now- given the huge amount of fat, and the couple bloody clots I did find around the chest cavity, and how quickly this onset from lethargy to death in a matter of less than a day. Definitely going to be taking a closer look at how we're feeding our chickens.

Back
Top Bottom