EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I got a small incubator as a gift - my friend has the same one and has hatched 2 batches from it. Fri was day 1 I set it at 38.1 c sat am I checked it and it was fine I checked. It an hour ago and it says 48- I’m not sure if the cat stepped on it or what- will increase in temp kill the eggs that early on?

I got a small incubator as a gift - my friend has the same one and has hatched 2 batches from it. Fri was day 1 I set it at 38.1 c sat am I checked it and it was fine I checked. It an hour ago and it says 48- I’m not sure if the cat stepped on it or what- will increase in temp kill the eggs that early on?
Depends on how long the temps were up. Early on or later on higher temps like that will kill them. If it was only a very short time as in one hour they might have a chance. Did you calibrate your thermometer.

Good morning, where is my rain? Could the weather people be wrong again?
I don't know Celsius.

Oops quotes the wrong post.
Naw not the weather people. My wall thermometer however needs replaced. 8 degrees off this year. Perhaps the tree bumping it when it crashed into house had something to do with that.
48 degrees Celsius equals 118 Fahrenheit

Back
Top Bottom