EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

What
What up stranger lol been a week since I saw any images!! whats goin on?? spring shoulda sung by now down there!! any plant pics?
Lol. Lots! Just finished a hatch, 11 out of 17, I’ve got ducks and a guinea due next week end. I’ve got two older batches of chicks, 6 weeks and 11 weeks. We’ve got one doe left to kid, have a ton of babies on the ground. It is spring here, the pecans have budded out so no more frosts.
Not recently.

Lol. Lots! Just finished a hatch, 11 out of 17, I’ve got ducks and a guinea due next week end. I’ve got two older batches of chicks, 6 weeks and 11 weeks. We’ve got one doe left to kid, have a ton of babies on the ground. It is spring here, the pecans have budded out so no more frosts.
Not recently.
nice!! I totaled 14 kids and 5 are here yet, four are going though we are only keeping the little devil one. I see buds on the lilacs but thats about all! they finally want it 70's friday and sat!! but a chilly start today 25 degrees!!! ughhh my grass hasnt had a chance to even get green yet!!

lol.. we only hoarder high quality hoarded..:gig
lol I just got a message about triplet does being born and if i am interested lol, I may need restraint! or I may just sell one of my other does to gain this one! ughhh she was my first goat too, not sure of what I will do yet. I need better images of the kids first, already researched pedis etc. thats a bad sign yes? he he he

lol I just got a message about triplet does being born and if i am interested lol, I may need restraint! or I may just sell one of my other does to gain this one! ughhh she was my first goat too, not sure of what I will do yet. I need better images of the kids first, already researched pedis etc. thats a bad sign yes? he he he
You're addicted, in case you didn't know. :caf

ughhh she was my first goat too, not sure of what I will do yet.
My first ones have turned into bullies. I love them but sometimes I wonder why..:confused:
All of my first generation is gone though. A little of 2nd generation. Mostly 3rd & 4th. When I visit neighboring farms who bought kids from us I think sometimes.. "I should have kept her", but my herd is at max capacity.
Would be easier breeding and selling for me if I would just stop thinking the are so darn cute!
Going to see another young Buckling this evening. I hope the photos are current like they said they were. I get so disappointed when I get hyped up about bringing one home, only to be disappointed by the buyers fibbing on the telephone.:fl

Understood, completely. We use a spare bedroom. Aluminum foil air duct tape over the climate control register, foam isolation board over the room's exterior window, a door sweep and door jam seal and 5 brooders having lamps running from recent hatches. The brooders heat the room and also our home is constructed of real brick, not simulated.. well insulated. It it like really warm in that room. Door stays closed. Later in the season when we gear down to less hatches/less brooders, the room temp will be harder to stabilize.

:oldWhile I've got your attention, I was thinking of you last night while Hub-n-I were grabbing gas cans to fill today with non ethanol fuel..(ethanol destroys small engines on purpose so you will buy a new one)
You are one of the few who recognize the fact that we have become a "throw away society" in terms of the quality of products available to us consumers these days. Stuff WAS BUILT TO LAST but now meant to wear out so you will keep buying a replacement and keep our economy strong by shopping, over and over again.
Exhibit A:
This Gas can is easily 25 years old. No rust, no deterioration. Even the high quality rubber flex nozzle is intact.
View attachment 1331347 MADE IN USA, the old lost USA. At the very end of quality consciousnesses, before the shift to selling lesser quality products for higher profits and repeat purchase consumers. (supply & demand)View attachment 1331367 Take note: The entire can is printed in ENGLISH! Products of today are loaded with Spanish language so Spanish people have no need to learn English (no offense intended).
My Grandparents may not have had it as easy as we all do today as far as technology is concerned, but the products they purchased were not engineered to self destruct to keep them in a vicious cycle of running to Walmart for a replacement for the last piece of crap you bought.

Exhibit B:
Said piece of crap..
View attachment 1331378 Not even 3 years old if that. I'm being generous by adding age I believe. Faded, cracking, nozzle crumbling, breather tab crystallizing.. This is an example of the direction that our industries have taken us.
View attachment 1331385 Read this warning.. if you can. I think if I had a translation it would be saying: "Warning, you are purchasing a piece of crap and we are laughing at you because you will be buying a replacement piece of crap real soon."
Today GAS CANS are like MOOD RINGS, They come brand new with a bright cherry red color, then the color changes.. to the color of our local landfill.
View attachment 1331389 Even the chickens know it's a piece of crap, that's why they crapped on it..:lau

I would not mind paying $5 to $10 dollars more for a product that will last 20+ years. I am already paying 3 times that by repeat purchasing the same products over and over again.
And I would spend $20 extra if they would print labels in the language our country was founded upon. :confused:
HI WHITES!:frow
Mercy! You're on a roll, and I totally agree; our's has become a throw-away society, but I do all I can in the opposite direction. DW gets on me 'cause I hold onto things that I think I may have a use for down the road. Admittedly, I may wind up tossing it years later, when I'v still not found a use for it, but it's been there, in case.

One thing I won't do is buy bottled water. Not only is it usually nothing more than regular tap water with chemicals added to it, but the bottles fill up the landfills at an alarming rate, even though there are companies that can reprocess the plastic into new plastic.

Regarding the gas cans, my only gripe with them is the nozzles. It seems each nozzle is made to only fit a single size can from a single manufacturer. And those non-spill nozzles that won't work unless you turn the collar at the bottom, and hold it in place, if they work at all. I usually end up taking the nozzle off and pouring gas into a funnel, or directly into the tank. I've never had a problem with the cans deteriorating from constant exposure, 'cause I keep them under the deck, in the barn where the mower & ATV are parked, or in the shed. Even when I was mowing for the public & usually had two 5-gal cans of gas on the trailer, the only damage I incurred was fading; never have had a leaker. The only steel can I remember having eventually sprung a leak in a bottom seam.

Ethanol-laced gasoline is a total waste as far as I'm concerned. It's supposed to lessen harmful emissions, but it doesn't. The simple facts are that ethanol gas doesn't yield as many mpg as leaded gas does, so the driver has to buy more gas to go the same distance, adding more emissions, although reduced, into the air, negating the supposed improvement in air quality. Also, leaded gas acts as a lubricant in engines, allowing them to run more efficiently on less fuel, and last longer. The only real benefit is to the pocketbooks of the fuel refiners, automobile manufacturers, and the government (in the form of the taxes on each gallon pumped). Oh!...BTW...where does that extra 1/10 of a cent (the result of the consumer having to pay an extra .9 cents / gal.) go?

My rant's longer than your's. Your turn.

Back
Top Bottom