EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Did you read the post? I explained why. And no that is not outside the incubator. I was asking for assistance not judgement.
I’m sorry I wasn’t around when you were dealing with this. He’s correct that there is nothing you can do now. Drape a moist paper towel over it, and hope for the best.
When you assist in the future, you don’t need to remove so much shell. That is quite a bit.

View attachment 1387342 How long can this chick stay like this? I saw an internal pip waited 24 hours then made external hole for O2, increased humidity to 80% and waited 8hours. It looked like it was trying to zip so I assisted some more as the internal membrane was staring to shrink wrap. I started to notice significant veins so I moistened the membrane and returned to the incubator. What now? Here is a picture of the chick. Will the yolk become dry and harder to absorb? The chick is breathing and peeps once in awhile but also shakes or tremors too. Is this normal? And does it always have to be the middle of the night? Help!!
I don’t assist anymore so I can’t answer your questions. I will say that when I did assist the resulting bird was deformed and weak even at 4 months of age. I’ve found i have a much better hatch rate if I just let them do it on their own, with healthier birds.

When that happens, put Vaseline on the edges, or just a moist paper towel.
Yes I had read that so when I saw the veins that is what I did and returned it to the incubator. Just wondering if there is anything to do now? Besides wait. This is day 24 and all the other chicks hatched on 21 and 22.

@Akrnaf2 Shalom
Boker Tov! It is a long over due good day in Israel!
Boker Or A WONDERFUL DAY HERE! We are really proud and happy!
Seeing the ceremony just now!
20180514_162406.jpg

I don’t assist anymore so I can’t answer your questions. I will say that when I did assist the resulting bird was deformed and weak even at 4 months of age. I’ve found i have a much better hatch rate if I just let them do it on their own, with healthier birds.

X100000000000000000

I find messing with the eggs AT ALL in the last 3 days of incubation reduces overall hatch rate. That is what makes them shrink wrapped.

It may be SUPER tempting to check them EVERY 5 minutes, but I find it is only for MY benefit not for any of the chicks.

Some chicks are not meant to hatch and it is so much easier to let nature do her job than having to cull a tortured rescued chick.

Yes I had read that so when I saw the veins that is what I did and returned it to the incubator. Just wondering if there is anything to do now? Besides wait. This is day 24 and all the other chicks hatched on 21 and 22.
As we’ve said, just let it be. It’s not even possible to assist more.

Back
Top Bottom