EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Things we never thought we’d do...
419661F8-C93D-42AE-BE3A-8DDB36EAF9CF.jpeg
Put a chicken in a playpen.
After admonishing the dog for messing in the house yesterday, I went into the kitchen where I had a chicken, and praised her for messing on the floor. Today it wasn’t so good, so she got moved. :lol:

Last edited:
After I take care of the chickens I'll go sit in the blind for a couple hours, just to see what I can see (stationary scouting), then go up & continue making room for a new hoop shelter for the machinery. Going to move the mower, chipper, & 4wheeler into it & put the "new" tractor in their place. If I made the base of the new shelter wide enough to hold the tractor & have room to get on & off, there wouldn't be enough head room to drive in under it. The barn is just deep enough to take the tractor as it's presently configured. Later on, when I'm not needing to get something up right away, and it's more comfortable to work outside, I'll take out a stall, throw out a bunch of accumulated former "treasures" that I couldn't live without, replace the roof, & I'm good to go.

Going to the in-laws, as usual, for Thanksgiving. I'd just as soon do most anything else, but peace in the family has it's price, I guess. We moved up here 45 years ago this weekend, partially for the land, partially to raise the kids in a better environment, partially to get away from the rat race of the D.C. area, but just as importantly, as far as I was concerned, was to put some distance between me & them. Didn't work; they followed us a couple years later.
That is just like life. So did the new shelter work our?

Back
Top Bottom