EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Whites yes, so far everyone is good! two kids go sunday, I have them in livingroom being bottle fed, so I already started milking the two mommas. I had to pull the single buck he was giving her the time of her life as a first freshener, she went nuts screaming and rolling around so I had to help. all went smooth then. they are adorable

Happy belated birthday @daxigait !

Machine is back, got a project done and working on the next. Kiddo's been sick which put a damper on my plans, but he's nearly better now which has me relieved. Got mead in the works as well as sewing projects, that'll be started on Monday and should be ready to rack and age by the week of Easter. Also got planting coming up, and with planting comes eyeballing chicks at the feed store!

what are you creating now my friend???? I no longer have a machine :(
Made a 1920s dress from an extant drafting guide, and I have a 1950s Simplicity skirt pattern I'm currently working on and a basic bodice pattern I want to draft. Also working on sizing down a vintage shirtwaist dress pattern I have that's a 14 1/2 (in vintage patterns I'm a 12-12 1/2 and in modern patterns I'm a 2-4). After I size down the pattern I'm making one with a solid dark green cotton I bought at Jo-Ann's that I adore. Pretty much as I'm making things I'm getting rid of items already in my closet, and stuff I like that may not have the skirt length or colors I like I'm setting aside to make patterns from.
75481814_964365740566016_5431305536739999744_o.jpg IMG_20200301_002536[4140].jpg

Made a 1920s dress from an extant drafting guide, and I have a 1950s Simplicity skirt pattern I'm currently working on and a basic bodice pattern I want to draft. Also working on sizing down a vintage shirtwaist dress pattern I have that's a 14 1/2 (in vintage patterns I'm a 12-12 1/2 and in modern patterns I'm a 2-4). After I size down the pattern I'm making one with a solid dark green cotton I bought at Jo-Ann's that I adore. Pretty much as I'm making things I'm getting rid of items already in my closet, and stuff I like that may not have the skirt length or colors I like I'm setting aside to make patterns from.
View attachment 2043999View attachment 2044000
I love that you didn't try to make it more en vogue with modern ideas of style. So many 20s "reproductions" try to make the garments from-fitting or define the waist in order to look more attractive to modern eyes, and as an historian with an interest in historical fashion it makes my eye twitch, lol.

I've been non-stop sewing jammies for all of my kids. They were meant to be for winter, but we re-did our garage apartment into a sewing room and that didn't get done till last month, so the "winter jammies" project will be more like the "Spring-and-I-hope-they-still-fit-next-winter jammies" project!

Back
Top Bottom