EE “Ameraucana” Hen or Roo?

Quote:
LOL, wait and see if I get an egg, OR an ANGRY NEIGHBOR! Time will tell!

I got one also and kicked myself for not getting two because she turned out to be a he. And had the same three distinct rows on the comb as yours does. But I have to say that the coloring is very different than my boy was. He was definitely mor of that silver duckwing like color. I noticed the white coming in on the shoulder feathers reall early. By 6 weeks I could tell. And I sent pictures to a Washington thread who is an expert. Illia may be able to help you tell earlier. Look her up and PM her the pics.

Lol I'm glad that I'm not the only person who has flooded Illia with EE pics! She is amazing
smile.png

Quote:
I got one also and kicked myself for not getting two because she turned out to be a he. And had the same three distinct rows on the comb as yours does. But I have to say that the coloring is very different than my boy was. He was definitely mor of that silver duckwing like color. I noticed the white coming in on the shoulder feathers reall early. By 6 weeks I could tell. And I sent pictures to a Washington thread who is an expert. Illia may be able to help you tell earlier. Look her up and PM her the pics.

Lol I'm glad that I'm not the only person who has flooded Illia with EE pics! She is amazing
smile.png

So... was she right?
wink.png

Yes she was spot on! Illia is so good that she could tell me my EE's gender and what color she would be just by looking at her pictures at 4 weeks!
bow.gif

And because I'm shameless, here is a picture of my EE as a baby:

80950_itihelping.jpg

Quote:
clap.gif
Love the baby pictures! SO CUTE, looks like a baby owl! okay, well now I have to show you my EE as a baby because I am just as shameless! Here s(he) is among her? sisters (which hopefully are girls too:he) Wish they could stay that sweet and little for longer than a few days!
96063_img_8782.jpg

Quote:
WOAH! Look at those muffs! Gorgeous! And I say girl. I've had chicks that look like yours and turn out to be girls. I know you want pics, but I'm not sure where they are right now.. so... If I find them, I'll show you!

Back
Top Bottom