EE Chicks Hen or Roo?

itsjustlex41

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 17, 2014
I bought these cuties two weeks ago. I got them out of the Ameraucana box. I was wondering if there are any guesses on sex and coloring when they get older?

Thank you :)

I bought these cuties two weeks ago. I got them out of the Ameraucana box. I was wondering if there are any guesses on sex and coloring when they get older?

Thank you
smile.png

they look like ameraucanas but as far as the sex unless they are sexed at a day or two old its almost impossible until they get older and the colors vary greatly if they are EE instead of amers they can be anycolor but the amers are usually greyish with hints of tans and browns and black

Thank you both. They are flighty and bumping chests n such. I think females do that as well it's kinda funny to watch :). They both have tail feathers growing pretty fast. Just can't tell yet what's what!

Dont worry yours are still young. Once you see rusty brown spots on his wings you can be more sure its a roo.
On the right an EE rooster someone from BYC posted with those spots.

Last edited:
More often than not the whitish EE's turn out to be roos. In another 6 weeks or so you will be able to tell more accurately what sex they are. If your birds came from a feed store then they are most likely from a hatchery. The majority of hatcheries sell their Easter Eggers as Ameraucanas. They are very pretty.

Thank you..I think they are beautiful! I would love to have a EE roo! There is a noticable difference in their wings and tails...one is feathering fast...the other slow.We will see =)

Back
Top Bottom