Chick sexing

Just a thought but the head spot could just be so slight that it's unoticable, hence the reason the mix up that comes with hatcheries mistaken them for females.
Contact hatchery for price difference refund in a week or 2 when barring is more evident.

It’s quite possible . They came out of an assorted marans bin. But also - they all had fluffy feet 👣
Feathered legs are an indicator they are 'French' standard.

Clean legged is 'English' standard
Screenshot_20240217-091654.png

Cuckoo Marans are not a recognized breed with the APA (American Poultry Association) yet but all other varieties that are (Black Copper, Black, White, and Wheaton) must have feathered legs because the US only recognizes the 'French' standard.

Clean legged 'English' is U.K. standard.

This means absolutely nothing to the backyard chicken flock but for those breeding towards the SOP (Standard of Perfection) like myself I follow the 'French' standard.

This is really interesting ! I haven’t thought of it that way. So how does Hoovers make French cuckoo “marans “ ? Or rather why?

Interesting question I probably can't answer with accuracy.
But, Cuckoos are a breed variety just not recognized by the APA. So hatcheries probably had them shipped in to breed and sell.

Why? Because they are a heritage breed and super popular.
Screenshot_20240217-095127.png

Back
Top Bottom