EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
The one that was 26 weeks lays 6 eggs a week. She cuddles. SHe is smart. SHe is my super chicken. She came into the laundryroom and laid her first egg in the wood chip bag. She knocks on the doggie door or comes in with my dog and goes out after she is done. She has taught some of my other chickens to do the same thing. She is amazing.

My EE's are laying!! One started 12/27, the other started 1/25. One lays green the other blue

Little cross-beaked Chiquita lays the beautiful blue.

Her hatch mate Ginger, lays the pretty green. (the brown is BR)

The pictures of the girls are from November. They obviously colored up and their combs developed as well.

I love this thread. I just got three EE chicks, I can't wait to see what colors they turn out compared to all the beautiful birds on here. I really hope I have one that has gray tones. They are so friendly too. Here they are:

Hazel:

Chiquita:

Poppy:

Miggy at 5 days old (center chick)
Miggy at about 1 1/2 years old

Here is an age progression of one of my easter egger bantam girls, Mary:

1 day old, straight out of the shipper:

5 days old:

9 days old:

20 days old:

24 days old:

27 days old:

one month old:

6 weeks old:

9 weeks old:

12 weeks old:

13 weeks old:

17 weeks old:

36 weeks old:

Last edited:
So glad I saw this thread. I'm going to pick out 2 more EE's on Thursday to add to my flock, and I wanted to make sure they will look different from the two I already have. My plan was to pick out grey, blond or black chicks, thinking they would end up blue, cream, or black. What I've learned from this thread is that a blond chick can be a partridge, silver, red, or cream hen. A black chick can be a partridge, blue, silver or black hen. A blue chick can be a partridge, silver, black, or blue hen. Basically what you see is NOT what you get. *sigh* I suppose I'll just pick a random 2 and hope for the best :)

Here are pics of my 2 from last year as chicks, chicklettes, and adults. Also, pics of their eggs (both lay a large sized pale blue pointy egg, about 1.5 eggs/day all winter, under lights).

The 2 little spotty headed t-rexs became silvers, and the 2 brownies became partridge. (gave one of each to my brother)

right and left

It's incredibly difficult to get photos of EE eggs that are true to color. Here's one taken inside, and one outside in the sun. The eggs are a bit bluer than shown *shrug*

My EE's are laying!! One started 12/27, the other started 1/25. One lays green the other blue

Little cross-beaked Chiquita lays the beautiful blue.

Her hatch mate Ginger, lays the pretty green. (the brown is BR)

The pictures of the girls are from November. They obviously colored up and their combs developed as well.
Pretty eggs and pretty chicks.

Photo progression of my easter egger bantam girl, Edith:

1 day old:

5 days old:

14 days:

20 days:

27 days:

1 month old:

6 weeks old:

9 weeks:

10 weeks:

13 weeks:

17 weeks:

28.5 weeks old:
Beautiful.

I love this thread. I just got three EE chicks, I can't wait to see what colors they turn out compared to all the beautiful birds on here. I really hope I have one that has gray tones. They are so friendly too. Here they are:

Hazel:

Chiquita:

Poppy:
This is what my hens look like now that looked like these.

Center

Bottom

Back
Top Bottom