EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
whats the difference between an ee and an EE then apart from having to hold the SHIFT button?

the 3 chipmunks at the rear are siblings of the black and their mother was black with light rachis
the lighter chipmunk at the front has a brown mother

5.5 months

the white one, doesnt crow so a hen, orpington mother

dark chipmunk

dark chipmunk

dark chipmunk

light chipmunk in foreground

the little black chick stayed jet black, and turned out to be our only araucana hen, she is much smaller than the rest and is quite timid, she was hiding in a hole and my battery ran out before i could get a picture, although timid, she will defend herself with some aggressive pecking if you try to touch her when cornered, she used to be a bit of a jack in the box under her mum, pop out peck your finger then hide again
these are french araucanas, all 4 chipmunks ended up as cocks

Last edited:
As much as I loved my reddish brown Easter Eggers, I wanted more variety:

I ordered 25 EEs from My Pet Chicken

splashorp-175weeks011.jpg

and picked out some unusual type colors (like the silver, blonde, etc.) to keep for myself:

I wish I had better pics of them when they were little, but this is what they turned out to look like (ignore the buff orp in the pic):

013.jpg

EEs-16.jpg

I have one of the grey/blue and blondes, and the dark grey black from a local feed store! I'm so excited to see what their colors become!!

Great thread! Lovely pictures!!!!! I love seeing the random color development and trying to spot my birds in the pics :)
Ok. Time to add on!

My first EE, Muffin. 3 days:

3.5 weeks

Second EE, Lily: 3 days

And 3.5 weeks

And Pocahontas the "ameraucana" that is most likely an EE as well, 3 days

And 3.5 weeks

After reading this entire (yes entire -perfectly good way to spend an evening!) thread I'm afraid she might be a roo. :( Thoughts?

Great thread! Lovely pictures!!!!! I love seeing the random color development and trying to spot my birds in the pics
smile.png

Ok. Time to add on!

My first EE, Muffin. 3 days:

3.5 weeks

Second EE, Lily: 3 days

And 3.5 weeks

And Pocahontas the "ameraucana" that is most likely an EE as well, 3 days

And 3.5 weeks

After reading this entire (yes entire -perfectly good way to spend an evening!) thread I'm afraid she might be a roo.
sad.png
Thoughts?
@junebuggena is this pic above the "red boy shoulders'?
What about the post just above this one...the "older" birds...are those the "red shoulders" too?

Hopefully none! Both my EE's will be a week old tomorrow...
Voncile: Dark Grey and Black with a little brown above the eyes and beak.

Sookie: Blue head and back, tan above eyes and beak, white/pale yellow body.

After reading this entire (yes entire -perfectly good way to spend an evening!) thread I'm afraid she might be a roo. :( Thoughts?

I think you have at least one male, BUT...

Photos taken in a shadowy room make subtle color differences less obvious. And that is the difference, girly red is a softer shade and it tends to be spread out. Male red is a dark, brick red shade.

If you look at the hens in the photos above, the females can have a soft red on the wing that often extends to upper back and breast. Compare that to a pic of a red sexlink male. It's a different shade of red.

Take your photos in sunlight and try to get the chest to show with your angle.

Back
Top Bottom