EE Faverolles gender

Here are some updated pics. I'm 99% sure it is a pullet. She is 16 weeks old now. Apparently she got the patchy red coloring from the Salmon Faverolles on her day's side of the family. The salmon hens are brown/red while the roosters are black.

16 weeks Sorry for the weird angles...I couldn't get her to stand still.

Here are some updated pics. I'm 99% sure it is a pullet. She is 16 weeks old now. Apparently she got the patchy red coloring from the Salmon Faverolles on her day's side of the family. The salmon hens are brown/red while the roosters are black.

16 weeks Sorry for the weird angles...I couldn't get her to stand still.

she is so pretty ocho

this is my faverollie/java/barredrock crosses 10 weeks old, I was noticing how red (betty(butler?) comb was looking..roo? they just had a new day exploring "outside" for the first time

Your two are cute! I love the crosses since you never know what they will grow up looking like. My other faverolles cross chicks looks looked exactly like faverolles. I just hatched out some australorp crosses. I assumed they all be black. Everyone of of them is black with white wing tips. It looks like they are wearing gloves.

For 10 weeks old I'd still say Betty is a Betty. In my experience the cockerels are obvious by 4 to 6 weeks. I guess you'll know when she/he either lays an egg or crows. LOL I do have a 16 week old now that looks just like a pullet but acts like a cockerel. Today she was sparing with the Turken cockerel (who is twice her size) and wouldn't back down. It would not at all surprise me if she ends up crowing one day soon.

Back
Top Bottom