EE lays beautiful green eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by SassyKat6181, Jan 2, 2012.

1. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    She started on Christmas Eve and has only missed one day since....woo hoo! What a nice surprise to find a green egg amongst all the brown ones in the box. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. abbylane35

abbylane35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    Lodi, New York
    Isn't it great to get a pretty green egg? My Marons were the first to lay their dark brown eggs, then I had a hen lay some nice light brown eggs....then I got the surprise! My EE started laying very deep green eggs...they are beautiful! My Ameraucanas are laying some green, some olive colored. I love opening my egg carton when I go to the fridge. My MIL (who has no clue about chickens) was very impressed that I spent so much time coloring my eggs... I had to let her know that they came out that way! LOL [​IMG] Hope you keep getting beautiful eggs!

3. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    oh wow beautiful !!!
    i sure hope mine lays green eggs and not brown [​IMG]
    she should be laying any day now...

4. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    Quote:hahaha my MIL thought that all eggs where brown and they bleached them at the store thats why they where white and the "organic" ones where brown.. LOL

5. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    Quote:hahaha my MIL thought that all eggs where brown and they bleached them at the store thats why they where white and the "organic" ones where brown.. LOL

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by