EE question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sylverfly, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    Ok so I’m certain this little guy is a rooster now, a very sweet one. Anyway I was wondering if there’s a color that he’s close to or if it’s a common EE color. He’s about 2 months old, and he loves to do little rooster dances whenever he sees me. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Well, for starters, he is gonna be GORGEOUS!!! Also, it is my understanding that because they are crossbred, EE's can come in ANY color, and do not have "standard" colors.

3. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Songster

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    I second the above post!
    He will be very pretty!!
    It's really hard to tell with ee's what they will look like when they are bigger. (or it's hard for me) [​IMG]

4. georgialee

georgialee Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Like the other posters said there aren't really standard colors for ee's. Your roo is a pretty common color. I have two like that (a roo and a pullet) and they are so VOCAL! The roo started crowing around 6 weeks. The grow to be absolutely beautiful ... someone posted a picture of a full grown roo with the same coloring and he was gorgeous!

5. Bluebyrd

Bluebyrd In the Brooder

May 21, 2009
    Puna, Hawaii
    I also have a little one who looks exactly like yours, I too would love to see a picture of what he will look like!! Anyone got any photos to post?

(Edit, in fact my avatar is a pic of her/him a couple of weeks ago)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: