EE sexing

newhenintown

In the Brooder
Nov 22, 2016
Hayden, Al
I have no idea if these are cockerels or pullets. I was told they were 2 weeks old when I got them which would make them 9 weeks now. Sorry not the best pics but they wouldn't cooperate and I have nosey cochins.

Rosco:

Popeye:

Nugget:

Parmesean:

Rosco is the biggest out of all of them and obviously crossed with something. And nugget and Parmesean are the smallest ones

Nugget is a pullet. Rosco and Popeye cockerels for sure, and fairly certain that Parmesan is also a cockerel. Rosco has the potential to be a striking looking rooster.

Nugget is a pullet.  Rosco and Popeye cockerels for sure, and fairly certain that Parmesan is also a cockerel.  Rosco has the potential to be a striking looking rooster.

Thank you! Its nice to hear that I should atleast have one pullet out there out of 12 chickens. Sadly she's the hardest to catch and screams if caught. And I do believe your right about Rosco. He looks very interesting right now. Out of all of my cockerels he'll probably ve the one that I keep. Hes very sweet whereas my cochins are very "in your face" as you can see.

Rosco - early comb development, and start of pointy hackle and saddle feathers

Popeye - Very evident pointy hackle and saddle feathers, rounded tail coverlets, stance, large comb.

Parmesean - shiny reddish feathers on wing coverlets are generally sign of a cockerel.

Nugget - not showing anything that says 'male'

Back
Top Bottom