EE with brown eggs?

Quote:
Wrong, EEs and Ameraucanas are completely different breeds. They have similar attributes but they are not related. The only way EEs "have Ameraucana" in them is if they are bred to true Ameraucanas.

I disagree, EE's are mixes and can very well be a mix of Ameraucana!!! PLUS the egg can be blue depending on how much Ameraucana (if any) it has in it.

Right from the Ameraucana thread; https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=128806
Easter Egg Layer/EE/Americana
Breed info:not a true breed or APA recognized, mixed breed
can have Ameraucana traits but is not an Ameraucana b/c to be so it must be a recognized variety from standardized color varieties and breed true
EE's are common, from mixed breeding with Ameraucanas and Araucanas and hatcheries
Comb:any-Buttercup, Cushion, Pea, Rose, Single, Strawberry, V-Shaped
Wattles:possible
Ear Tuffs:possible
Eye:any
Earlobe:any
Features:can have muffs and a beard
Beak:any
Skin:any
Legs:any or green
Eggs:has blue egg gene, eggs are blue, green, olive green, brown & pink​

Last edited:
Quote:
Wrong, EEs and Ameraucanas are completely different breeds. They have similar attributes but they are not related. The only way EEs "have Ameraucana" in them is if they are bred to true Ameraucanas.

I disagree, EE's are mixes and can very well be a mix of Ameraucana!!! PLUS the egg can be blue depending on how much Ameraucana (if any) it has in it.

Right from the Ameraucana thread; https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=128806
Easter Egg Layer/EE/Americana
Breed info:not a true breed or APA recognized, mixed breed
can have Ameraucana traits but is not an Ameraucana b/c to be so it must be a recognized variety from standardized color varieties and breed true
EE's are common, from mixed breeding with Ameraucanas and Araucanas and hatcheries
Comb:any-Buttercup, Cushion, Pea, Rose, Single, Strawberry, V-Shaped
Wattles:possible
Ear Tuffs:possible
Eye:any
Earlobe:any
Features:can have muffs and a beard
Beak:any
Skin:any
Legs:any or green
Eggs:has blue egg gene, eggs are blue, green, olive green, brown & pink

Well sorry but you are wrong. Look on the OFFICIAL Ameraucana website. Then you will see different. THEY ARE NOT RELATED.

Then someone has OUR Ameraucana thread here mixed up.
hmm.png

I have three EEs and every day I get one blue egg, one olive egg, and one light brown egg. One of the girls has a tiny pea comb, one has a single serrated comb, and one has a big weird flat unserrated com that flops into her eyes sometimes. They are mutts, that's why they're so lovable!

This is right from Ameraucana.org

Perhaps 99 percent of chickens sold as Araucanas (or Ameraucanas) by commercial hatcheries are actually mongrels (aka Easter Egg chickens), meeting the requirements of neither breed.

Mongrels being mixes, generally of Ameraucana.

What are Easter Egg chickens?

The Ameraucana Breeders Club defines an Easter Egg chicken or Easter Egger as any chicken that possesses the blue egg gene, but doesn’t fully meet any breed descriptions as defined in the APA and/or ABA standards. Further, even if a bird meets an Ameraucana standard breed description, but doesn’t meet a variety description or breed true at least 50% of the time it is considered an Easter Egg chicken.

This denotes to ME that EE's are mixes, possibly of Ameraucana, but perhaps not always.
Even if your Easter Egger has a lot of Ameraucana in them they must breed true at least 50% of the time.

That also WOULD indicate that EE's have Ameraucana in them.

It doesn't SPECIFICALLY say that EE's are separate BREEDS it states that an EE is a MIX of breeds (mongrel) who doesn't conform to the Ameraucana standard.

The person whom I quoted from OUR Ameraucana thread was the very first post on that page. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=128806

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom