EE's, Ameraucanas? Colors?

MinnerBuckwheat

Songster
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
West Michigan
I bought what were supposed to be Ameraucanas and Araucanas at the feed store. However, I am not noticing ear tufts, beards, or anything like that yet at a couple of months old. So are they EEs?? They are mixed in with my D'uccles in the pics, which, btw, ended up being 3 roos and 3 hens, but I lost one of each
sad.png
. At least I have 2 d'uccle hens though! Also, I LOVE the color patterns of all of my Ameraucana/Araucana/EE's whatever they are. Can anyone tell me what the color patterns are called? They look better in daylight, but I couldn't get a good pic without my flash going off.

IMG_6784.jpg

IMG_6786.jpg

IMG_6792.jpg

IMG_6793.jpg

IMG_6794.jpg

Only breeders sell pure Amercaunas . Hatcheries and feed stores sell Easter eggers. Still lovely I own both. A tell tale sign its the green legs. True a Amercaunas will have slate legs. If i had go pick between the two would be hard, I love them both. The egg color is so pretty.

You have diluted EEs. The hatchery probably was trying to enhance their egg-production by outcrossing, and lost the muffs in the process. Hopefully they still lay green/blue eggs for you.

I'll send good BYC juju your way!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I knew what the d'uccles were
wink.png

Why are you thinking the one EE is a roo? I picked them all up tonight and gave them a good once over, and they all seem to be pretty identical in terms of combs.

Back
Top Bottom