EE's, Ameraucanas? Colors?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MinnerBuckwheat, Jun 9, 2011.

1. MinnerBuckwheat

MinnerBuckwheat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    West Michigan
    I bought what were supposed to be Ameraucanas and Araucanas at the feed store. However, I am not noticing ear tufts, beards, or anything like that yet at a couple of months old. So are they EEs?? They are mixed in with my D'uccles in the pics, which, btw, ended up being 3 roos and 3 hens, but I lost one of each [​IMG]. At least I have 2 d'uccle hens though! Also, I LOVE the color patterns of all of my Ameraucana/Araucana/EE's whatever they are. Can anyone tell me what the color patterns are called? They look better in daylight, but I couldn't get a good pic without my flash going off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    Only breeders sell pure Amercaunas . Hatcheries and feed stores sell Easter eggers. Still lovely I own both. A tell tale sign its the green legs. True a Amercaunas will have slate legs. If i had go pick between the two would be hard, I love them both. The egg color is so pretty.

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    They are EE's (except for the D'uccles) And 4th picture down is a cockeral.

4. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    You have diluted EEs. The hatchery probably was trying to enhance their egg-production by outcrossing, and lost the muffs in the process. Hopefully they still lay green/blue eggs for you.

I'll send good BYC juju your way! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Quote:what she said [​IMG]

6. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

I got yhe feed stor EE's Too. [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The little brownish ones with the spots are Mille Fleur D'Uccles. The others are Easter Eggers. As was mentioned, no hatchery sells true Ameraucanas or Araucanas.

8. MinnerBuckwheat

Apr 23, 2011
    West Michigan
    I knew what the d'uccles were [​IMG]

Why are you thinking the one EE is a roo? I picked them all up tonight and gave them a good once over, and they all seem to be pretty identical in terms of combs.

9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:His coloring is a dead giveaway.

10. MinnerBuckwheat

Apr 23, 2011
    West Michigan
    I had no idea coloring had anything to do with gender with EE's. I have so much to learn!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by