EE's and one that is ?? UPDATED post 8 with new pics 5 weeks old

fanov8

Songster
11 Years
May 17, 2010
East TN
I got all of these from TSC, they were all in the EE bin (ok, technically their sign said Americana but I know better). And I was pretty sure that they all were. I do however have one that has yellow legs and I've heard that the SLW chicks look alot like the EE chicks. Can anyone tell me if mine is an EE or an SLW? Also, I know it's really early but anyone wanna take a stab in the dark at genders? I can give you my guess, but they really don't count! Oh, and these guys are aroud 3.5 weeks old.

NEW PICS IN POST # 8
wink.png

#1 - EE or SLW? Check out those legs! I think it's a roo?
57850_spring_11_006.jpg

57850_spring_11_007.jpg

#2 EE - was slow to feather - I think roo?
57850_spring_11_001.jpg

57850_spring_11_003.jpg

#3 - EE - I think pullet?
57850_spring_11_011.jpg

57850_spring_11_012.jpg

#4 - EE - Pullet?
57850_spring_11_017.jpg

57850_spring_11_016.jpg

#5 - EE - slow to feather - roo?
57850_spring_11_022.jpg

57850_spring_11_021.jpg

#6 - EE - Please be a pullet!!!
57850_spring_11_024.jpg

57850_spring_11_023.jpg

Last edited:
My SLW's looked nothing like my EE's. I would say your first bird there is not a silver laced wyandotte. Everything else looks like EE with the green legs. No idea on gender, but slow feathering is a good sign it is a roo.

I have found with EE's that they are slower to feather and sometimes it takes longer to tell what sex they are. I don't see anything that jumps out and says rooster to me yet

The first chick is not a SLW. I would bet EE, they can have yellow legs. 1 and 5 might be roos but hard to tell at this age. Can you wait another week or two and take good shots of their combs?

They all look like EE's to me. It is still very difficult to sex at this age. #3 is definitely a pullet but the rest I am not going to even guess.

If you wait 2 more weeks, all the boys will have both color and size in their combs. If it has size but no color or color but no size wait a little longer before making any decisions--these usually turn out to be girls.

Thanks guys! I'll stick with EE on him/her then.

I figured it was too early to tell, but I didn't know if their colors were an obvious give away to anyone
wink.png
I will post more pics in a week or so and see what everyone thinks. I'm almost positive that 1 and 5 are roo's because they are starting to get fiesty. lol

Hey everyone! These guys are now 5 weeks old. Anyone want to guess? Please excuse the yogurt that is on their feathers. I told the kids to go take the yogurt to the chickens (the big guys) and they decided that the chicks needed it more. Now they are all a mess. Anyhow, they are in the same order as the first post. I know that some of you can tell what they are just by the color. I think I have 2 possibly 3 roos in the group and the others are just a bit hard to tell still.

#1 - I think a roo
1a-1.jpg

1b.jpg

#2 - Gotta be a roo
2a.jpg

2b.jpg

#3 -
3a.jpg

3b.jpg

#4 -
4a.jpg

4b.jpg

#5 - I think roo because of the color and he was slow to feather
5a.jpg

5b.jpg

#6 -
6a.jpg

#1 I am going to say pullet. This is one of those "tricky" ones because it has a large comb but also a lot of girlie features. Hold on to this bird until you are 100% sure.
#2 cockerel
#3 pullet
#4 pullet
#5 pullet--another tricky bird to sex because of the comb and color.
#6 pullet

Not a bad turnout
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom