• Depends on how you look at it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics

9SpiceyChickens

Free Ranging
Jul 24, 2018
In the coop, Northern CA
I want to put this out there!
An EE, or Easter Egger, is NOT a breed! It is a mutt!!!

If anyone says they're selling, "Purebred Easter Eggers," Walk away!

Tell me this-
1- What is the required comb type?
2- What color eggs do they have to lay?
3- What accepted coloring is their?
4- Do they have regular or Gamey Tails?
5- How large is an average hen?
6- How large is an average rooster?
7- Are they a recognized breed for the APA?

You can guess the answers to this if you want...

1. Any
2. Any
3. Any
4. Either
5. Their is none
6. Their is none
7. NO!!!

Take a look at this (posted by one of our much valued educators on BYC). :D
Actually, it's a misconception that all Easter Eggers are mixed breeds, with Ameraucana ancestry. It's not true at all. Hatchery sourced Easter Eggers are not mixed at all, they just haven't been bred to meet a particular breed standard. They are more of a landrace type rather than a proper breed. Both the Araucana and Ameraucana breeds that we know today were developed from the birds that we commonly know now as Easter Eggers.
Original thread:https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/easter-eggers.1213939/#post-19356190

Who cares, really? They are chickens they are wonderful and they do have typical characteristics and are a super friendly and fun breed
268.JPG
209.JPG

I am aware that they aren’t ACTUALLY a breed, but I love to think that they are! Those birds are fantastic and I adore them! That’s why I said yes. Please don’t attack me:fl
Why would someone attack you about a discussion on Easter eggers?:hugs There is nothing wrong if you regard them as a breed. Some hatcheries, e.g. "MyPetChicken" easter eggers aren't even hybridized.

Back
Top Bottom