eFowl.com purchase major rant!

Lacrymosa

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Fort Worth
So I ordered 15 Indian runner ducklings a week ago. Ehh, shipment shouldn't take that long. Cameron, TX is two hours south, so maybe a day?
I WAS WRONG.
It took three freaking days for them to get to the post office. Not only that, they told me NOT to come drive and pick them up at the hatchery because they wanted to ship them to me (which ended up costing more than the ducklings themselves).
When they finally arrive at the post office at 4 in the morning, what do I find?
16 ducklings.
Three dead.
Two dying- later died.
I cried.

/End rant.

Never again will I order from them.

I'm sorry about your experience. Too bad you didn't order directly from Ideal. They allow pickup from their Cameron hatchery.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
Sorry you had a bad experience...did you try calling them and telling them what happened? How was their customer service?

I hate hearing that!!! I was thinking about placing an order with them for the silver and mallard runners. Looks like I'll have to try to find them somewhere else.

Quote:
That is who I will be ordering from next time I decide to get fowl. Hopefully I will be able to drive and get them.

hugs.gif
x a zillion

But did they actually ship from Cameron? From their website:

"We are located in Boulder, CO, and ship birds primarily from Minnesota, Texas, and California."

They may not have had what you ordered in Cameron, and may have shipped from farther away?

Either way, a baziliion more
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I contacted them right after they shipped. They told me they were shipping from their outlet in Cameron.

Quote:
sad.png
Sad to say, Ideal doesn't have as much of a selection in runners like eFowl does, though.
Not trying to bad mouth Ideal poultry at all!!!
Ideal is a good poultry to buy fowl from. I really like them!!
ya.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
sad.png
Sad to say, Ideal doesn't have as much of a selection in runners like eFowl does, though.

That is exactly why I ordered from them-- the runner selection.

Back
Top Bottom