Egg 3 is dead..Graphic photos

Ok round 2 is here. 1 egg pipped yesterday at 8pm..same time as Elliot pipped the week before. The other egg I candled too but didnt see any movement so thought it was boiled with me doing a staggered hatch, but nope. I was watching the pip egg rockin an a rollin and the other egg rocked. I was like
ep.gif
its alive.
The pip egg is from the same duck as Elliot, so it will be interesting to see if they look alike. Plus, this morning I found out my beautiful colored duck Tula is a drake
ep.gif
..the tail was there for all to see. I never knew, either did the person I got him from. But I dont care, untill I saw the drake feather she was a female duck, so she/he is going to stay here like she/he was ment to, there has never been any fighting with my other 2 drakes so I dont see why she/he has to go. It must of curled over night coz it wasnt there yesterday when I sat out there for 2 hours watching them.

There was no voice change?? I know Ming-Ming, daddy to the ducklings didn't get his actual curl I mean a real curl until a month or so ago, there was a ever so slight curl but now that he's 9mths old(gosh still seems to young to be a daddy) he's finally getting the curl. My 12wk old drake boy is maturing faster then his dad, he's already getting a slight curl, if it wasn't for his changing feathers and green head coming through and voice change I'd wonder.

Quote:
No voice change coz I never ever heard Tula quack or rasp. But it doesnt matter, up untill that blink of an eye tail curl she was a female duck, so now its a drake, I wont be getting rid of him, hes 1 of the crowd and everyone gets on and he will add a bit of colour to the crowd too.

LOL, yup got to love them! I'm not parting with any of mine either, but nor am I adding any more as tempting as it is. Unless I get buyers ahead of time from friends and family, which will be.......... never! Because they just don't get it.

he/she is out..at last, I wanted it to hatch before we go to bed so i can get him out in a while and put in a brooder, the other egg hasnt pipped yet so im good to go with this one.
oh here he/she is, we were there taking photos and he/she was like what...get outta here
duckling2008.jpg

Yay!!! A friend for the first one. Hurray!! Looks very similar in color--same daddy probably? And looks like stable genetics too, so less chance that the color is coming from stuff hidden in the background... but of course we won't know for a long time yet. Can't wait to see her all dried out and in the brooder!

Well Number 2 hasnt stopped since 4am...non stop, it must be a woman!!! Put it in the tote that Elliot was in and it tried to jump out so its back in the spare room so if it does it cant go anywhere. Put Elliot in with her/him and he was more interested in her teddy to start with but then decided he would have a pick and rough and tumble with her/him. Poor thing just kept peeping...hasnt stopped. later on Ill put them both in the office so they have more room to run and see how that goes.
Yes same sort of colouring as Elliot, looks to be darker round the face thoand we noticed last nice Elliot has a pale line that goes up his face and 1 side of his face is darker than the other, so god knows whats going in with the shadeing there.

Back
Top Bottom