Egg 3 is dead..Graphic photos

Yes they have the same shadeing round their faces and backs. I dunno
hu.gif
maybe its just a different shade of yellow and will turn white in the end.
Poor Gemini, all he/she wants to do it bury herself under Elliot and keeps getting a pekking for doing it, so I went and put on the heat lamp put her in the brooder and sat her teddy on top her her, she nuzzled in and not another word. She has been none stop since 4am. Im glad of a bit of piece and quiet.
Egg number 3 is a pain in the butt. The air sack is a good size but it then sort of runs down 1 side of the egg, like an extra bit of air space. The darn thing hasnt even gone into the air sack yet to pip. Its still alive moving around, just so far behind Gemini now im starting to worry. This is day 28, so if that sucker aint out in 2 more day then im going in.

We had a bath today. People say oh you cant give them a bath untill they are so many days old. I think that wild mama duck doesnt say oh hold on, your not 4 days old yet so dont follow me into the water
lol.png

bathtime003.jpg

bathtime002.jpg

bathtime001.jpg

This round of eggs the first hatched two days ago so pipped 4 days ago- and I still have one egg in the incubator it has broken through the shell though so although I am a bit anxious - at least I can see things are progressing. Elliot and Gemini are so sweet!! Makes me want to give my lot a paddle too.

Quote:
We gave Ell a bath on Tuesday and he just stood there like...OMG...I had to splash around and he was ok and had a quick bath and wes ready to come out. Today we put them in and Gem was like a pig in poo, hes learning to be a scuba diver already. Ell had a quick was and stood with his wings up like...ok im done, get me outta here

More beautiful pictures! Thank you for keeping us updated.

I have to say, I don't think they're going to be straight white. In ducklings I've had that turned out white, they were uniformly pale yellow throughout, and the bills were bright bright yellow. The bill color is what especially makes me think there is something else going on there. But time will tell!

Keep posting the beautiful pics!

Egg 3 didnt make it, I just candled and the air sac was ok apart from it bubbled down the side towards the back of the egg. I knew it was dead so I opened it and found a little black and white chick but its yolk hadnt absorbed.
deadduckling004.jpg

deadduckling003.jpg

deadduckling002.jpg

deadduckling001.jpg

Mother Nature knows what shes doing when she takes creatures away from us.

Back
Top Bottom