Egg basket help needed

Quote:
My father always called them a "toad in the hole".

Eggs in the basket sounds MUCH better~

You could make your own wire basket and line it with a napkin.

Last edited:
I happened to luck into a metal basket from a local store that is heavey gauge steel but has a weaved plastic cover over the entire basket. It has a picture of grapes on the side and was more designed for decoration but works great for gathering eggs... Did I mention that it was on clearance and I got it for bout $2
big_smile.png

can you cut up an egg flat to fit in your basket?
Paper_Egg_Tray_Egg_Carton.jpg

or maybe skip the basket idea and just take the carton out with you...

Quote:
I carry the carton with me, but I have been thinking of decorating a square basket and placing the egg cartons in the bottom. I think it would be really cute. I think maybe line the cartons with a material that could be wiped off relatively easy, so your basket doesn't get to stinky or dirty.

Going to look for a basket this weekend and see what I can come up with.

Quote:
My mom always called that "bull's eye." My DH calls it "toad in the hole." What ever it is called, it is yummy!

Hi, I know this doesn't belong here, but what does DH mean?

I cut a egg tray like the one pictured above and put it in the bottom of a wicker basket. It will hold 20 eggs. When we put this together we thought that it was too big for our flock of 17 pullets but we already had the basket and so we we decided to use it anyway.

It turns out that by next fall this basket is not going to be big enough.
wink.png
Like many people here, we are enjoying our flock so much that we decided the expand next year. We are going to add another 20 - 25 chicks in the spring.
wee.gif

My friend made me a small felted egg basket with a handle. It holds a dozen eggs and the bottom is so nice and soft that they don't break when they roll around. I usually end up putting them in my pocket anyway because I don't remember to bring the basket anyway. I found one in my coat pocket at work today!

Back
Top Bottom