Egg bound and prolapse, cut out egg, need help finishing

Five days after “surgery” and the prolapse tissue has fallen off and S’more seems to be feeling herself again!!
Kept it clean, kept her in a dark place where her body could focus on healing, and it did. Never thought I’d be so happy to see a chicken bum 😂

1AB75D9F-7388-4526-9895-50722CA36A83.jpeg

Five days after “surgery” and the prolapse tissue has fallen off and S’more seems to be feeling herself again!!
Kept it clean, kept her in a dark place where her body could focus on healing, and it did. Never thought I’d be so happy to see a chicken bum 😂

View attachment 2428744
Looks great! Well done:)

S’more has already started laying!! I wasn’t expecting eggs so soon, and her first one I thought was our other EE, but yesterday there were two colored eggs in the nesting box, and it was obvious which one was which.

DF5BB439-9DDA-4813-9054-0E0EE2A811D5.jpeg
I’m so very happy her body has healed. Way to go S’more!!

S’more has already started laying!! I wasn’t expecting eggs so soon, and her first one I thought was our other EE, but yesterday there were two colored eggs in the nesting box, and it was obvious which one was which.

View attachment 2486016I’m so very happy her body has healed. Way to go S’more!!
Chickens must know humans are impatient. They take their time getting better and worry us a lot. LOL. You did a very good job and are reaping the rewards. I had a WLH in the spring with a porlasped vent 3 days she was back with the flock. I must have caught it early. I put her a dog crate and covered it with a piece of navy blue fleece so she wouldn't lay and push out her vent. She laid the first two days. I put coconut oil on her vent. Only liquid lube I had.

Good luck keep an eye out.

Back
Top Bottom