Songster
7 Years
Dec 2, 2012
Australia
My Coop
My Coop
Please help me. I beg you.
bow.gif
My chicken is egg bound. She has diarrhea, can't walk and won't eat. I have given her a bath in warm water and fed her water and calcium with a syringe. She seems to be breathing harder. What's happening and what can I do?? Please reply NOW!

Please help me.  I beg you. :bow  My chicken is egg bound.  She has diarrhea, can't walk and won't eat.  I have given her a bath in warm water and fed her water and calcium with a syringe.  She seems to be breathing harder.  What's happening and what can I do??  Please reply NOW!

Can you feel swelling in her abdomen?

Did you try GENTLY massaging her tummy when you gave her the warm bath? Have you lubricated her vent with mineral oil to help if there is an egg "stuck"?
What color is the diarrhea? Does it look like the insides of an egg?

She's been sick and not laying for about 4 days now. Her diarrhea is green and yellow. I felt something hard and roundish in her lower abdomen but maybe its not an egg but one of her bones? What kind of minerals and/or fluids should i feed her?

Take a deep breath, focus, breathe, make a warm bath for miss hen FIRST lubricate her vent with mineral oil or baby oil [you are going to have to put you finger inside her vent CAREFULLY to get the oil in there OR if you have a syringe [w/o needle] you can use that to get the oil in......then put her in the bath, gently massage her abdomen and see of you can get the egg to move.........

"hard and roundish" does sound like an egg.......

Last edited:
Take a deep breath, focus, breathe, make a warm bath for miss hen FIRST lubricate her vent with mineral oil or baby oil [you are going to have to put you finger inside her vent CAREFULLY to get the oil in there OR if you have a syringe [w/o needle] you can use that to get the oil in......then put her in the bath, gently massage her abdomen and see of you can get the egg to move.........
"hard and roundish" does sound like an egg.......
OK I might give it a go with some help from my dad. i'll ask him to come and take a look
hu.gif
but i'm not sure. since the warm bath she's picked up a little and started preening

Good morning...and she's still alive! i thought egg bound chickens die after 48 hours but not this one. don't know how its going to turn out but shes in a stable condition for now
roll.png
I am at a loss!

Back
Top Bottom