Egg bound hen

She is drinking really well and I have seen her eat a little. Yes, I feel the lumps from the outside. She is very alert and her color is good. I really don't know what to think at this point. I can't find liquid calcium so I picked up some gummies. If she won't eat them, I can force feed her. Unfortunately for her, this is a learning curve for me.
If she's alert, eating/drinking and back to acting normal, I would put her back with the flock and see how she does.
She might enjoy the gummy LOL For Calcium you can also use Caltrate or TUMS. Only give for 1-2 days.
If she's laying internally, the Calcium is not going to make much of a difference unfortunately but no harm either.

If she's alert, eating/drinking and back to acting normal, I would put her back with the flock and see how she does.
She might enjoy the gummy LOL For Calcium you can also use Caltrate or TUMS. Only give for 1-2 days.
If she's laying internally, the Calcium is not going to make much of a difference unfortunately but no harm either.
How much of the caltrate or tums do you give? A whole tablet a day for 1-2 days?

Back
Top Bottom