Egg bound

She is still eating...I really wonder what she got...

She ate a few grapes today as well as some watermelon (I am trying to keep her hydrated). She does not seem to like the calcium or fermmented feed that well, although she ate a little of it yesterday...should I deworm her? We have the safeguard goat dewormer from last time...could it be worms? @Wyorp Rock

She ate a few grapes today as well as some watermelon (I am trying to keep her hydrated). She does not seem to like the calcium or fermmented feed that well, although she ate a little of it yesterday...should I deworm her? We have the safeguard goat dewormer from last time...could it be worms? @Wyorp Rock
Also, today morning, I saw her panting in her brooder, it was getting too warm in their, I did not put a heat lamp yesterday, and I moved her in the shade, on a towel. Her feet can still move a little, but it seems that at least one leg is not working. I gave her hydration because she spilled her water and got herself wet. I put her on a towel for now. She ate around 4 grapes and a really small amount of watermelon...she seems okay actually except for her leg and abdomen issue and of course she is definitely not drinking much, although she is still lightly interested with food.

The symptoms could be from cancer tumors starting to shut down her body. They can also be from feeling ill, not eating, and becoming weak, further causing weakness and even paralysis.

Try sugar in her water. It will encourage her to drink and could raise her glucose enough to revive her and enable her legs to function. It may increase her appetite and she may begin to eat again and recover somewhat.

The symptoms could be from cancer tumors starting to shut down her body. They can also be from feeling ill, not eating, and becoming weak, further causing weakness and even paralysis.

Try sugar in her water. It will encourage her to drink and could raise her glucose enough to revive her and enable her legs to function. It may increase her appetite and she may begin to eat again and recover somewhat.
Thanks! Will honey work?

Apparently, she only eats grapes and watermelons now, I gave her some honey water, but she won’t drink. Her crop has some food right now and emptied this morning, so she is eating. I also noticed that only one leg is in paralysis...

If this is ascites, water belly, and it certainly sounds as if this is her issue, you can try a diuretic. Just pop one tablet into her beak. Be sure she has water available as it will make her thirsty.

It won't hurt to give her calcium, as well. I'm one for covering the bases as long as the meds don't interact, and these shouldn't.

FYI, Epsom salts are magnesium sulfate, while salt is sodium chloride. Two distinctly different substances, not at all alike.
Is there anything in the home that could be used in place of diuretics if they are not available?

Do you think that a good natural yogurt may be helpful? This could possibly help to loosen up bowel movements.
@everyone

Back
Top Bottom