Egg broke in incubator??

ChickFlick123

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2017
Hi, My eggs have been in the incubator for 3 days now. I just went to check on them and one has broke open since this morning. I pulled it out but I am guessing I should remove the others and wipe out the incubator real quick since there is white spilled all over the edge? I'm bummed...by looking at this one when I emptied the shell, it had veins starting :( Any idea why this would have happened? Thanks!

Hi, My eggs have been in the incubator for 3 days now. I just went to check on them and one has broke open since this morning. I pulled it out but I am guessing I should remove the others and wipe out the incubator real quick since there is white spilled all over the edge? I'm bummed...by looking at this one when I emptied the shell, it had veins starting :( Any idea why this would have happened? Thanks!
What's the temp? It could've been a thin egg maybe?

So sorry!

I would clean it out this early on. But if you wait a few hours it may gel a little better and be easier/quicker to clean out. I don't think waiting a little while will hurt anything.

Are they in a turner? Maybe it wasn't secure or could something have jolted the incubator? (cat, dog, etc?) Vibrations from anywhere?

So sorry!

I would clean it out this early on. But if you wait a few hours it may gel a little better and be easier/quicker to clean out. I don't think waiting a little while will hurt anything.

Are they in a turner? Maybe it wasn't secure or could something have jolted the incubator? (cat, dog, etc?) Vibrations from anywhere?

They are in a turner but it is one that slide back and forth not tilts. I can't think of any vibrations from anything. They are next to the sink but I can't imagine that just running water to wash my hands would vibrate enough. This one was sitting on the outside of the turning tray however because I had 1 too many for the tray so I was going to hand turn this one but maybe it got pinched inbetween the tray sliding and the wall of the incubator? When I cleaned the tray there was an embryo in the bottom and you could clearly see the heart and everything and this was a specialty breed I have been trying to get for a long time and only have 3 of this breed as eggs to potentially hatch :(

If it hasn't spiked and stayed to hot for too long all I could think of would be that the egg was porous or have already had a small crack in it. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

As far as I can tell, the temp has been very stable at that temp with the exception of when I have opened the incubator to turn the one that wasn't in the slide tray.

They are in a turner but it is one that slide back and forth not tilts. I can't think of any vibrations from anything. They are next to the sink but I can't imagine that just running water to wash my hands would vibrate enough. This one was sitting on the outside of the turning tray however because I had 1 too many for the tray so I was going to hand turn this one but maybe it got pinched inbetween the tray sliding and the wall of the incubator? When I cleaned the tray there was an embryo in the bottom and you could clearly see the heart and everything and this was a specialty breed I have been trying to get for a long time and only have 3 of this breed as eggs to potentially hatch :(

Yep, hard to say exactly what happened. Hoping the other 3 pull through for you! :fl

Back
Top Bottom