Egg Candling and the Law

dianehodges

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 10, 2010
Today I attended an egg candling class in Calhoun Georgia Presented by the Dept of Agriculture approx 2 hrs long no fee and very informative We had some lecture, a written test (study material provided), candled 4 flats of eggs and there was no fee If all goes well, you are presented with a certificate There were 4 classes and all were full The drive up and back was beautiful Great day
yippiechickie.gif

1 veteran 1 lab 1 roo 7 hens 1 very old cat

Allows you to market eggs to consumers In Georgia you can sell you eggs to individuals without a license but if you want to sell at a flea market or selling more than 5 cases to anyone you need the certificate

Hi,

I am interested in taking the class. May I ask if the class is for beginners egg owners or advances egg owners? My memory is not great I am worry I won't pass the test.

Thanks for the input.

This is a really old thread. I suggest you contact your county extension agent and talk to them. This is the kind of stuff they should be able to look up.

This candling is to look for egg flaws such as blood spots or meat spots before you sell them. Commercial operations do this electrically. It is not to see how an incubated egg is developing, but I bet you can really see in there with the candling equipment they use.

Back
Top Bottom